Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· The Emperor Protects
5,253 Posts
Just been added in by Revan, bio is up in the recruitment thread. Dunno which colours my characters are meant to be btw.

Kell
Kell eventually arrived at High Dragon Hold much later than he originally anticipated and later than when Modeus had said he should arrive. But then he never had been brilliant with directions. A dwarf at the main gate told him that food was currently being served and Kell should join Modeus at his table.

Walking into the main hall he took a quick look around the room. Several dwarfs were sat around their own tables. He quickly spotted Modeus at the head table with several others sat around him. Kell casually strolled across to the table and gave a mock bow in Modeus direction "Aplogies for being late, i do hope i haven't missed all of todays fun" he added dryly. He took a seat next to a hulking man with a heavily scared body and deep cut across one eye, remarking "my aren't you the handsome one.." He took a look at the rest of the group, lingering for a moment on the Wood Elf with a amused look, wondering how comfortable the Elf must feel so far away from his beloved forrests.

Piling some food onto his plate he looked back to Modeus and said "don't stop on my behalf, please continue this 'enthralling' conversation" and began to eat, content to listen to the others for now.

Keeler
Keeler awoke with a star to the sound of her fellow dragons proceeding to barrel over a man carrying a large barrel of meat. Not wanting to lose out on a meal she quickly ran forward using her bulk to barge some of the others out of the way. While gulping down on a large amount of meat she noticed another dragon drinking down a strange looking liquid from another barrel, regarding the other dragon curiously as it let out a large belch.

After going back to sleep for a bit, Keeler was again woken up, this time to several dwarfs coming in laden with books to read. She found one about the the initial invasions of the dragons and the terror they caused in the various kingdoms. As she poured through the book. Zala'Drakhar then emerged from his lair and landed on a ledge nearby and boomed out "Hello there little ones, are you enjoying yourselves today? I have come to see if you need any questions answered about what happens when your a fully grown?". As the other young dragons eagerly ran over to bombard the old Dragon with questions, Keeler instead elected to go for a swim in the small pool that the others had finally vacated with the distraction of the elder drake. Keeler wasn't in the mood to talk now, but then Keeler was rarely ever in the mood to talk now that she thought about it.

· The Emperor Protects
5,253 Posts
Kell

"Yea, this are indeed beauty's, all are well earned and well fought for. On the other hand, you are so clean and unscarred, might say you are more clean then a babies arse, can you even fight?" replied the man. Kell though for a moment about not rising to the bait, but couldn't resist a bit of banter. "Fight? but of course my handsome friend, how do you think i avoided such 'trophies' perhaps your technique needs some refining" he baited back at the man. At this point Modeus leaned across to him and adressed his lateness and informed him his dragons name was Keeler. "Well i do like to make an entrance" Kell smiled "Keeler? a female drake i take it? How long will it take the dragons to mature to a point where they are able to bear riders?"

Kell noticed the man next to him and the elf having a rather heated discussion. "Well aren't you two just getting along pleasently. Although how you can expect our woodland loving companion to call you by anything else without having introduced yourself to him. I for one am Kell, Kell Alenko. What a 'pleasure' it is to meet you all" Kell tried his best to keep the amusement he felt out of his voice as he spoke to them. "Now, cant we all just get along" He sat back into his chair as he listened to them continue.

Keeler

Keeler swam gently through the water, while finding it pleasent and cool, decided it was not that much to her liking as the solid ground. She climbed out and dried out in the warm glow of the sun for a while, listening as the other dragons asked their questions to Zala'Drakhar. Before long Zala'Drakhar adressed her personally "Keeler, do you not have any questions to ask of me before i go off hunting? Maybe i can bring you all back some deer, cows or sheep for you all to try hunting and killing preys for youself. Would you like that?" Keeler thought for a moment, much as she prefered to stay quiet it would be rude to ignore the great dragon. "A few live animals would make for a more interesting meal great one. One question i do have though is about our fire breathing, when will this skill come to the fore, i have tired since reading about it but have yet to produce any flame of my own" The thought of live prey did indeed sound like an excellent idea to Keeler. The barrels of meat while nice, lacked variety.

· The Emperor Protects
5,253 Posts
Kell

Kell watched as the arguement between the elf and man began to start warming up to a all out duel. For a moment he considered trying to defuse the situation, but thought they were going to have to vent it out at some point. The Elf then showed the unmistakeable signs of starting to cast a spell when a deafening crack silenced the hall. Kell looked around to identify the source of the sound and concluded it must have been Modeus, how had he made such a sound? "You will all listen to me, you are to stop these petty arguments, you are going to become Dragon Riders, and to do such you will need to work together, is that all understood?" Kell listened to the two utter their aplogies, himself simply inclining his head in Modeus direction with a twinkle in his eye. Modeus then told the man, now identified as Föstólfr and the the Dwarf, Vilhelm to take Kell with them to train battle stances.

Kell read over some of Modeus numerous books on battle stances for a while, none of them really appealing to his duel wield style. After a while Föstólfr and Vilhelm began to test their stances against each other. Kell leaned against a nearby column to watch for a while, lazily twirling his pistol around his finger as he watched. After a while he noticed another tome on a small table next to him. He flicked it open and saw it was a book dedicated to the art of duel wielding 'what a coincidence' Kell muttered. He took the book aside and began to read over it and practice with his two swords. The moves, techniques and stances detailed in the book were very different from Kells straightforward and blunt apporach to combat, the ones in the book being elegant, full of feignts, counters and parrys. They would take a long while to practice and refine but Kell began to see the potential for improvement over his own style in them and began to practice with more effort. He was still clumsy and often overstepped the stances detailed, but he supposed it would grow on him in time.

At that point Föstólfr, clearly having had enough of practicing and studying said "Anyone wants to join me? I'm going to look at the dragons for a while.". "How could i resist the offer of your fine company?" Kell responded with a grin. "But yes, i do think i'll join you, i quite want to meet my dragon" As they made their way towards where the dragons were kept, he glanced at Föstólfr, who was silent and looking deep in thought "Handome, friendly and quite the talkative one to boot! I have hit gold with this partnership" He sarcasticly said "Care to share your thoughts? Though i already have an inkling as to what they might be, if i was to hazard a guess i would say it was about our elven company, no?"

Keeler

Zala'Drakhar, nodded and spread his mighty wings and took to the sky. Keller looked around at her fellow dragons. She was quiet yes, but to ignore the others completely in favour of silence would not to her any good. She looked around at the others and her eyes settled on the white one who excitedly exclaimed "This is exiting isn't it? Our first hunt, the chance to eat fresh meat." she regarded him for a moment and then spoke out "Your loud, and very over exciteable" she let her comment hang for a moment. 'hmm, not the most friendly of greetings' she thought to herself, but then the white one was very loud. Keeler felt her heart began to beat a little faster and muscles begin to tense up, realising she was begining to toy with the idea of fighting the white dragon. But why? she hadn't done anything to her, yet she could not shake off the agressive thoughts sparking through her mind. It would be improper to attack one of her fellows for no reason, so instead she asked out loud "So.......who wants to have a little friendly competiton' she grinned as she waited for their responses 'very diplomatic' she thought to herself.

· The Emperor Protects
5,253 Posts
Kell

Kell carried on walking with Föstólfr who to his suprise actually joked back. Perhaps the man wasn't such a humourless meat head after all he thought to himself. Föstólfr mentioning his thoughts on how it would be to battle the elf. "Be a tough fight i can say that. What with his apparent love of the arcane. Never did put much trust into those that use magic to fight, to afraid to get theirs hands dirty up close and personal. Don't trust anything i can't see. Get up close to the elf though and it will be an entirely different affair" They continued to talk as they made their way back to the study area, somehow having not going to see the dragons in the end. Just as they arrived a group of dwarves arrived and said "High Lord Modeus requests your presence in the forge and says to bring the weapons that you use in battle so he may inspect them.". Kells sword were already both in their rough scabbards across his back and his pistol firmly holstered at his thigh. When they were ready they followed the dwarves on a winding path until the forge came into view, smoke poured out from an outlet somewhere from the works going on inside. The entrance to the forge was blocked by two huge doors which they apporached "We expecting giants for company aswell?" he said aloud indicating the massive doors.

Keeler

A black dragon jumped infront of Keeler, tensing herself up to enchance her size over Keeler and asked "what were you thinking about?". Keeler merely grinned for a moment and then pounced at the other dragon to barrel her over. The other dragon altho perhaps suprised by the sudden action fought back hard and impressed Keeler with her strength, even gaining the upper hand 'not bad, might actually have someone worth talking to' she thought, not being put off by the other dragons apparent arrogance, if anything appreicating it more that the over excitable and polite other dragons. Keeler continued to fight, failing to notice Zala'Drakhar return with the two deer. Concentrating so much on the playful but scrappy fight Keeler didn't notice the other dragons begin their hunts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.