Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It has been one-hundred years since the elf known as Modeus become the first of the dragon riders, and only now has he decided to pass on his knowledge of how to raise and care for these mighty and majestic beasts. During the last one-hundred years Modeus has compiled all of his knowledge on how to raise and train dragons into several tomes which he has copied many times and stored within the mountain keep known as 'High Dragon Hold'. Within this mountain keep Modeus and his loyal dragon Zala'Drakhar now reside as he has taken his leave from the world to train the next generation of Dragon Rider's who will go out into the world to help save their own races from the threat of the wild dragons and help stop each incursion from evil of The Dark Lands. This second generation of riders consists of 6 brave warriors from a different race and they will learn how to raise and train the dragons that plague their homeland. Eventually it will fall to them to train the next generations after The High Lord is gone, but they will continue on his vision of a world where all dragon's have been tamed and are no longer a threat to the mortal races.

Deep within the mountain fortress the giant doors to the mighty forge of 'High Dragon Hold' would be barred shut and locked as Modeus remains inside and works on the armour and weapons that will eventually be used by the second generation of Dragon Riders. But before he had locked himself inside for his usual 10 hours of smelting and forging with the help of the dwarves from the Steelhammer clan which have been allowed to live within this keep, Modeus has set each of his students and their hatchling dragons a task to do before they all gather for their evening meal which he insists they all eat together along with their dragons.

Corlandril and Theren: You would be within the great library which Modeus has created from amassing books over his years of traveling and writing his own books on dragons. He has set you both the task of locating the book dedicated to the colour dragon's that you each are raising, to make your job harder Modeus has hidden the two books elsewhere in the library so simply searching through alphabetically wont be of much use as it wont be where it is meant to be.

Kalmos and Validir: The task Modeus has set you to complete by the time he returns from the forge is that you must completely clean Zala'Drakhar's teeth, claws, scales and his tail. The reason he told you two to do this is because when your dragon's are older you must know how to do it in the shortest amount of time possible and make sure that all of the specified locations of the dragon's body aren't damaged in anyway, because if they were it would affect their fighting abilities in the future. It would be easy to clean Zala'Drakhar scales, tail and claws but to inspect and clean his teeth you would need to wake him up somehow. When you two enter the lair of Zala'Drakhar through a set of huge gate, you would be confronted with the awe inspiring sight of the monstrously large dragon Zala'Drakhar for the second time in your life. Zala'Drakhar would be awake and looking out into the wilderness through the cave opening in the side of the mountain which allows him access when it comes to flying in and out of the mountain. As you both look around the room you can see a large saddle, harness and a pair of reins specifically made to fit a dragon of that size. Zala'Drakhar would turn his monstrous head from the view from his cave and focuses on the two of you with his blood red eyes. "Welcome little ones to my home, What is it you wish of me?" booms Zala'Drakhar loud voice across the room to you.

Vilhelm and Föstólfr: The task Modeus has set you to memorize and practice as many of the fighting stances and moves as you can from the three books which he has laid out for you. This would be an easy task if not for the fact that the books are over five-hundred pages each and they diagrams aren't very helpful. After you have learnt as many as you can within two hours you are to go and give the hatchling's their morning feeding of meat and clean them before returning to your previous task and repeating the process every 2 hours.

Kalranos, Dal'reth, Hildur, Fennendier, Onyx and Thorygos: You have all been let out of your pens for today and taken through the keep to a courtyard which was build into the side of the mountain after part of the side of the mountain was dug into. In this courtyard which is surrounded by large walls to stop you from obviously trying to get out and fall to your deaths, there are several tree's in the center for you to sharpen your claws on and test your climbing skills. There are some stone tables and chairs which you can climb onto and jump off while ATTEMPTING to fly(assuming you have wings). There is a medium sized mound which you can test your swimming abilities and for Thorygos there is a large mound of solid earth for you to build up your digging abilities. You have all been given pretty much free reign for the day and in two hours your morning food will be brought to you.

OOC: dragons can talk so feel free to talk to each other.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Föstólfr and Vilhelm: After your two hours of reading the books and trying out the fighting stances with very little success you remember you have to go and feed the hatchlings. After you pick up the barrels of meat you are joined by Valdir who has finished his task of cleaning Zala'Drakhar for Modeus. As you take the meat to the dragons they would all swarm you three to get at the meat, they would all dive into the barrels and start to devour it. As you sit and watch the dragons eat their food a dwarf of the Steelhammer clan comes up to you and inform you that food has been prepared for you and the others in the main hall, he would then motion for you to follow and closes the door after the three of you so the dragons can rest and play. The dwarf would then lead you into the great hall where there are the rest of Steelhammer clan are feasting and drinking as dwarves normally would. At the head of a long table would be Modeus who is partially covered in dirt and shoot from working in the keeps furnace. He would motion for you all to sit and eat at his table.

Valdir: After having cleaned Zala'Drakhar he would allow you one of his shed scales to show the others. As you make your way out of Zala'Drakhar's cave you see Vilhelm and Föstólfr carrying some barrels of meat and decide to help them after showing them the scale you were given. As you sit and watch the dragons eat their food a dwarf of the Steelhammer clan comes up to you and inform you that food has been prepared for you and the others in the main hall, he would then motion for you to follow and closes the door after the three of you so the dragons can rest and play. The dwarf would then lead you into the great hall where there are the rest of Steelhammer clan are feasting and drinking as dwarves normally would. At the head of a long table would be Modeus who is partially covered in dirt and shoot from working in the keeps furnace. He would motion for you all to sit and eat at his table.

Theren and Corlandril:
After finding the books associated with the dragons that you will eventually receive, you would open them up to find lots of information that you never knew about the dragons that live in your homelands. After studying for several hours a dwarf of the Steelhammer clan comes up to you and inform you that food has been prepared for you and the others in the main hall. He would tell you to leave the books where they are as Modeus doesnt allow books to leave the library. The dwarf would then lead you into the great hall where there are the rest of Steelhammer clan are feasting and drinking as dwarves normally would. At the head of a long table would be Modeus who is partially covered in dirt and shoot from working in the keeps furnace. He would motion for you all to sit and eat at his table.

The Dragons(As im too lazy to type all of your names out atm): after being fed by the human, dwarf and the elf you feel like you should all go and sleep for an hour or so before resuming playing. After about 20 minutes some dwarves would open the doors and bring in some new things for you to play with and some books to read so you can learn about the other races. They would only be copies of books incase you rip them up. It is up to you if you decide to read them or not. You would all then hear the loud beating of wings as Zala'Drakhar jumps out of his lair and takes flight circling the mountain before flying around to your location and landing on a flat ledge near by as he is too big to fit in the courtyard. In his deep booming voice he would great you. "Hello there little ones, are you enjoying yourselves today? I have come to see if you need any questions answered about what happens when your a fully grown?".

OOC: Blueberrypop i didnt update for you because your post didnt include your dragon and you went against the reference information in the recruitment thread, i told you this 2 days ago and you havent changed anything. Sorry to say but im going to have to remove you from the thread.

OOC Again: the rest of you feel free to ask Modeus some questions as your characters, and feel free to ask Zala'Drakhar as your dragons.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Modeus would be sat at the head of the tables as his apprentices came to join him. He didnt mind that one of them was late he had probably gotten lost on his way to High Dragon Hold. He wiped off some of the dirt and soot that was on it him before taking a bite out of an apple which was on his plate. He then heard each of his apprentices ask him some questions and turns to answer each of them in turn.

Föstólfr : Modeus would turn his head to look at you and fixes his dark coloured eyes on you. "You have already met the dragons that will be given to each of you in turn. The little blue female that you ask about is called Hildur and she will be your dragon once this day is finished. For now you have alot of work to do to prove you are ready of for your dragon. Each day your jobs shall be rotated with the others so you learn everything you need to know about dragons. And to your third question about sharing a tale of my Adventures with Zala'Drakhar i shall tell you all a tale this evening. for now i need to answer the other questions, now feel free to eat and drink as much as you like, and if you have more questions as me once i have answered the rest." Modeus would then turn his head to Corlandril.

Corlandril: Modeus would shift his attention to you after speaking to Föstólfr. Before speaking Modeus would take a sip of his ice cold water. "My labours are going well, but at my current rate they should be finished by the time your dragons are of riding age and size. And you found the book on green dragons? That is good as the Green dragon called Kalranos will be yours, if you want to know what he looks like then ask Föstólfr or Vilhelm." Modeus would nod to each of them in turn before looking at Theren.

Theren: Modeus would look at you after answering Corlandril's question. "What I am crafting within the forges of this keep is something that you shouldn't concern yourself with until i believe you are ready. To say the least they will help you in being a rider and eventually going into battle. Now do you have any other questions? If not then feel free to talk with the others while i continue to answer questions before telling you a tale. So you know when you meet your dragon this evening his name is Fennindier" Modeus would motion to the others for you to talk to and then looks at Vilhelm.

Vilhelm: Modeus wouldn't talk to you just yet as he listens to you talking to the other dwarves. He then moves his right hand to his mouth and coughs to get your attention. Once he has it he says something to you in perfect dwarvish stunning everyone else at the table and in the hall. "It is considered rude to speak in a language that not everyone understands Master Vilhelm. Please refrain from using your native language when in the company of us not of the dwarvish race as not all of us can understand you, for instance the other elves and the humans can not. Am i understood?". Modeus would wait for Vilhelm's answer. "Now when i bring your dragons to you this even when we are eating dinner, you should know your dragon is called Thorygus."

Valdir: Modeus would finally turn his attention to you as he is going to answer the same question once again which everyone has asked him so far. "You will meet your dragon this evening when we will all sit down for the evening meal. That will also including Zala'Drakhar coming into this hall and eating with us. And so you know, your dragon's name is Onyx, be sure to remember her name in advance."

Kell: Modeus would then shift his attention to you before narrowing his pupils slightly. "I take it that you got lost on the way here? Surely it was easy to follow my instructions? or did you just want to be fashionable late and arrive when we are having lunch? It matters little feel free Kell to talk with the other apprentices and learn about them. If you wanted to know your dragon's name is Keeler. Make sure you remember that name or she will not be happy with you."

With that Modeus would then address all of you. "The evening meal is one which all of us gather for and can talk about the days goings on, You will have time to ask me or Zala'Drakhar, who will also be joining us along with your dragons, any questions about being a rider and we will also tell you tales each day of what we have done during the last 100 years and the adventures that we have been on. For now everyone feel free to talk among yourselves and eat and drink as much as you like. Though dont drink too much as you will still have jobs to do"

OOC: Talk among yourselves or ask modeus more questions. *nods* Also going to answer all the dragons in 1 post, makes it easier. After that the dragons can rp/talk/play with each other.

IC:

Zala'Drakhar: Zala'Drakhar would laugh as all of the little dragons come running up to him and asking him questions. Firstly he would look down at Hildur and answers her questions. "Well little Hildur. Well the humans are the shortest lived of all the races of this world, their general life span is between 70-90 years old though in some cases they can live to be 100 years of age. Due to their short life spans they learn much faster than other races as they want to learn as much as they can before they die. To your second question, Im not actually fully grown little one. Dragons never stop growing as long as they live, getting bigger and bigger and bigger until they are either killed in battle or die of old age. To my knowledge no dragon has died of old age. We seem to be near enough immortal and only die due to wars and fighting each other. Also flying is one of the greatest things you can do, to be soaring so high above the ground you can see for miles and miles, picking out pray from high above and attacking without them even noticing you."

Zala'Drakhar then looks at Kalranos. "Well the wood elves I have not had my dealings with myself, you would have to ask Modeus about them. Also the forest in which the wood elves and you green dragons live is the biggest forest in the world, full of interesting and strange creatures, im sure one day you can explore it as much as you like."

After answering Kalranos's question he would shift his attention to look at Fennindier. "Yes Fennindier you will be taught to fight, both by myself and My Rider Modeus. The reason for this is you need to know how to fight as a dragon, and how to fight as Rider and Dragon. To be in complete harmony in battle. I assume you ask this because what your race has done to the high elves?"

Zala'Drakhar would laugh at Thorygus's enthusiasm. "Calm down little one. Your training will start soon, but first you need to grow larger and stronger so you can deal with the training more easily. Though your training will be slightly different when it comes to flight, even though your breed has no wings im sure i can think of something for you to do while the others learn to fly fully. Are you ok with that?" Zala'Drakhar would tilt his head and waits for an answer before looking at Onyx.

"Well Onyx the battle against the races of the dark lands is going as it always has. They attack the dark elves and the dark elves push them back. But there is always a heavy price to pay, and with the other races having to deal with out wild brethren no-one is able to help them push them back. So that is why you all are here. To help all the races of the world and eventually defeat the dark ones once and for all." Zala'Drakhar would twist his scaly lips into a grin revealing his huge pointed teeth then looks other at Keeler and sigh. He would then call over to her.

"Keeler, do you not have any questions to ask of me before i go off hunting? Maybe i can bring you all back some deer, cows or sheep for you all to try hunting and killing preys for youself. Would you like that?" It was as much as question to Keller as it was to the other dragons.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Modeus would remain seated at his table as he listens to the others argue then sighs. Modeus then raises his left hand and slams it down onto the table with a earsplitting crack which gets everyone's attention. "You will all listen to me, you are to stop these petty arguments, you are going to become Dragon Riders, and to do such you will need to work together, is that all understood?" Modeus waits for their answer then waves a dismissive hand "Return to your tasks. In eight more hours return here for the evening meal in which you will all meet your dragons. Vilhelm, Föstólfr take Kell with you and do some battle stances training. Remember to feed the dragons every two hours but at the moment you wont need to as Zala'Drakhar is off hunting for them. Theren, Corlandril and Valdir, go back to the library and read up more about your dragons as i shall test you later."

Vilhelm, Föstólfr and Kell: Modeus has ordered you back to the training room to read up on more of the fighting stances and practice them properly. You wouldn't need to feed the dragons in two-hours time as Zala'Drakhar is getting them some food.

Theren, Corlandril and Valdir: Modeus has ordered you to go back to the library and research your dragons. Valdir would need to find the book on his black dragon first of all which is hidden somewhere within the library.

OOC: Feel free to rp with each other. Remember you need to rp as your dragons aswell so interact with each other as them aswell.

IC:

Zala'Drakhar would nod to each of the little dragons then unfolds his wings before jumping off of his ledge and flaps his wings creating a large gust of wind as he remains where he is. "I shall return shortly with some live animals for you to hunt and feed on. Now try not to get into trouble while im away." With that Zala'Drakhar tilts his body and flies down the mountain and off into the distance.

The Dragons: Zala'Drakhar would leave you on your own while he flies off to go and hunt some live animals for you all to practice hunting on. Seeing as you dont really know each other you should try talking and interacting with one another so you are all going to be living, training and fighting together.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Modeus would push himself out of his chair and leaves the hall after everyone has left and returns to the forge to continue with his work hoping to finish it before the end of the day.

Theren, Corlandril, Valdir: You three would be getting on reading the books about your dragons and are nearing the end. As each of you turns onto the last page you are confronted with the single must annoying sentence you could read at this stage of the book: "Well done my students for reading this book, NOW GO FIND AND READ THE SECOND ONE!". It appears Modeus has written more books on the dragons than just a mere single book. Now your task is to search for the second book associated with your dragon and read that one too.

Föstólfr, Kell, Vilhelm: After returning to the training room and practicing your stances three dwarves would open the door and come walking in and wait for you three to gather. "High Lord Modeus requests your presence in the forge and says to bring the weapons that you use in battle so he may inspect them." The Dwarves then wait for the three to gather their weapons before leading them to the keeps forge which is about twenty minutes from the location and deeper in the mountain.

The Dragons: After thirty minutes of talking and playing Zala'Drakhar's huge shadow appears overhead and almost hands in the tiny courtyard where you are. In his two front legs are two squirming deer which are still alive and uninjured. As he passes low over the courtyard he would drop down the two deer before flying off to go and retrieve some more food for you all.

Arrawn: You have only just reached High Hold keeps front entrance when it opens and two dwarves come out to meet you. They tell you that Modeus will be disappointed that you are late and tell you to come to the forge with from bringing your weapons so High Lord Modeus can inspect them along with meeting some other Dragon Rider Apprentices.

Madoc: You have only just woken up after several hours sleep and notice that all the other dragons are gone from their pens. A single dwarf would be stood infront of you and motions for you to follow him to the courtyard where the other dragons are. As the dwarf lets you in you see a huge dragon fly overhead and drop two living deer into the courtyard for you and the other dragons to try your hunting skills and to eat some fresh meat.

1 - 5 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.