Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
I hate this system. Release them at the same time and let the buyers decide for themselves which version they prefer the most.
Same with the limited/collector's edition stuff. A minor complaint, really.

*edit*

Also, WOW. What a difference a helm makes with the Sanguinary Priest. I love it.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Day 17: The Value of Fear.

The Story:
The Raven Guard under Corax continue to gather all leaderless loyalists to their banner, determined to take the fight to Horus and his heretics. In the industrial nightmare of the underhive, the XIXth Legion receive a lesson in terror tactics from the most unlikely of allies – the Night Lords...
Read it because:
The Night Lords are often seen as the dark mirror of the noble Raven Guard, but how much of that is true? Are these two Legions poles apart, or closer than any within the XIX would dare admit...

I have no high hopes on Gav Thorpe as I haven't been impressed by his Raven Guard-stories since Raven's Flight. This does however sound like an interesting premiss. Don't disappoint me now. I wouldn't trust many to deal with Night Lords outside of ADB.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Day 17: Datacards: Space Wolves.

Warriors of Fenris.
Saga-sung heroes of battlefields beyond count, the Space Wolves fight valiantly for glory and the Imperium of Man. Utterly determined and entirely without fear, these mighty warriors drive the foes of the Allfather before them with frost axe and bolter, while their Rune Priests unleash the very fury of the storm upon their foes.
Data Reference
An e-pub version of Datacards: Space Wolves, this product is an excellent reference tool for any Warhammer 40,000 player, detailing the Space Wolves' Tempestas discipline psychic powers and their unique Tactical Objectives.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Also, WOW. What a difference a helm makes with the Sanguinary Priest. I love it.
You noticed that too huh, they do look about 100x better with those helmets. It's about time we got a badass Apothecary model.

LotN

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I wonder if ADB has a contribution to the Advent-series. I would have loved to see his story be connected with the Black LEgion-series. GW last product looks like its BL-related on the marking at least.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Looks like today is an audiobook about 'Emperor Sanguinius' and Azkaellon by Andy Smillie

I wonder whose's origin it is thats mentioned in the blurb. Doesnt sound like its Azkaellon himself, but Amit perhaps since Andy also runs the Flesh Tearers?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Day 18: Herald of Sanguinius.

The Story:
Crowned as the new Emperor of Imperium Secundus, Sanguinius of the Blood Angels faces the very real threat of betrayal from within his new realm. As ever, it falls to his Sanguinary Guard to protect the primarch, and Commander Azkaellon must resort to the most dire of measures...
Listen to it because:
Not only is this story a fascinating glimpse into the mind of the Blood Angels Primarch, it also shines light on the origins of another well known character in the history of the IX Legion...

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Looks like today is an audiobook about 'Emperor Sanguinius' and Azkaellon by Andy Smillie

I wonder whose's origin it is thats mentioned in the blurb. Doesnt sound like its Azkaellon himself, but Amit perhaps since Andy also runs the Flesh Tearers?
I would almost guess Amit considering the author. I'm surprised it wasn't James Swallow who wrote this, but I can imagine since his let-down with the Fear to Tread, he isn't allowed near the HH-Blood Angels. I'm carefully optimsitic about it. I didn't like the narrator that much.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Day 18: Altar of War: Cryostorm.

Fear the Fury of the Cryostorm!
On ice-locked death worlds terrible cryostorms lash the land, molten ice-cyclones freezing men solid in the space of a heartbeat. Amid this horror, warriors clash over vital supplies, seizing objectives or looting them for super-weapons with which to bring the desperate battle to a swift and explosive conclusion.
Tactical Objectives and Mission
This product includes tactical objectives that allow players to fight battles amid world-freezing cryostorms, and a mission for Warhammer 40,000 set within the worst cryostorm yet, where players must choose between claiming Victory Points or ransacking objectives for much-needed supplies.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Day 19: Holder of the Keys.

The Story:
One of the Fallen, the Dark Angels who betrayed their oaths and turned on their brothers, relives his past under the psychic interrogation of Chief Librarian Ezekiel. But with treachery and falsehood in his nature, nothing the Fallen says can be trusted – does Ezekiel hold the key to unlocking the truth and discovering the warrior’s role in the fall of Caliban?
Listen to it because:
Half truths, rituals of mistrust and layers of deception – it could only be a new Dark Angels story from Gav Thorpe. Is this a glimpse into the fabled fall of ancient Caliban, or just a pack of lies from a deranged madman? You'll have to listen and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Day 19: Dark Angels: Librarius Conclave Formation.

Grim Psychic Might:
The Librarians of the Dark Angels possess wills of iron. They use their sinister psychic discipline of interromancy to spread fear and panic through the enemy's ranks, while simultaneously tearing free the darkest secrets of their foes. A single such psychic warrior is fearsome enough, but an entire conclave led by none other than Grand Master Ezekiel himself is a living weapon that can change the fate of a whole war zone.
A Dark Angels Formation:
This product includes the datasheet for the Dark Angels Librarius Conclave Formation, for use in your games of Warhammer 40,000.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
I emailed Black Library to ask exactly how many missions are in this thing, and they (perhaps unsurprisingly?) did not send a reply. Fuckin' shady, GDubs.

I'm sure there is no possible way they are simply too busy right now and haven't had a chance to answer me yet. NO WAI!
So, it turns out it was indeed the latter:

Hi [Venomlust]

Thank you for your email, my apologies for the delay in my reply. First Blood contains 9 missions.
Stand-up guys, those GW folks. I knew it all along! :laugh:

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Day 19: Dark Angels: Librarius Conclave Formation.

Grim Psychic Might:
The Librarians of the Dark Angels possess wills of iron. They use their sinister psychic discipline of interromancy to spread fear and panic through the enemy's ranks, while simultaneously tearing free the darkest secrets of their foes. A single such psychic warrior is fearsome enough, but an entire conclave led by none other than Grand Master Ezekiel himself is a living weapon that can change the fate of a whole war zone.
A Dark Angels Formation:
This product includes the datasheet for the Dark Angels Librarius Conclave Formation, for use in your games of Warhammer 40,000.
From user Majere613 on BOLS:

Put me in a kilt and call me a Scotsman, the Librarius Conclave is actually pretty good! You need Ezekiel and at least two other Librarians to run it, but it lets them share powers, manifest on 3+, and doubles the range of Mind Worm which suddenly starts to look quite nasty. You don't have to use them as a unit, either, though you could.
I'd prefer to avoid regurgitating the exact rules, but basically you nominate one Librarian each turn, and he gets all the powers of any other member of the formation within 12" of him, along with the other bonuses.
Here's hoping for a Cabal of Sorcerers dataslate some day for Chaos Sorcerers. I imagine every Sorcerer's attacks will get the Soul Blaze and FEAR USR:biggrin:.

*edit*

More, via Natfka:

Via an anonymous source
1 Ezekiel
2-4 Dark Angel Librarians

Choose one model in the formation, this model has access to any psychic powers known by other models in this formation within 12". Other models within 12" cannot manifest psychic powers until the end of the phase. The chosen model passes psychic tests on 3+

When using Mind Worm, models in this formation double the max range if there is at least one other model within 12"

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Day 20: The Dread Sentinels of Dorn.

The Story:
Investigating the silence of a distant star fort, the Imperial Fists are attacked by the monstrous tyranids. With their ship in danger, the Space Marines enact a dangerous boarding action into the heart of the xenos bioship, seeking to rip the heart from the aliens and save the world below.
Read it because:
Usually, its hordes of tyranids that invade humanity's Space Hulks - well now the tables have turned. It's Space Marine against xenos monster in the depths of space - will the Imperial Fists succeed in their mission to destroy the hive ship, or have they just volunteered themselves as appetiser for the forthcoming invasion?

To be honest they could have skipped dread in the titel and it would have sounded way better. But with the premis of this story, it doesn't get me interested at all. Also they should perhaps have gone with a different cover since it displays Imperial Fists VS. Iron Warriors, which to me would have been way more interesting to read about.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Day 20: Mandrake: Painting Guide.

Stalkers in the Shadows
Slinking horrors from the nether-realm of Aelindrach, the Mandrakes are horrific and sinister warriors. Their forms flow like ink in water, and a penumbral gloom clings to them like a shroud upon a corpse. Yet their eyes glow with inner witchlight that flares to life across their flesh just as the Mandrakes lunge toward their terrified prey.
How to Paint
This product is an excerpt taken from Raiders of Commorragh: Dark Eldar Painting Guide, detailing step-by-step how to paint your Mandrakes and providing useful top tips to help really make your models stand out on the field of battle.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Day 21: Loss.

The Story:
A squad of Raven Guard Scouts on their first mission encounter the horror of the twisted flesh-shapers of the eldar, the sinister haemonculus covens. As they fight for their lives against the deadly aliens, Brother Jevel begins to realise that his destiny is more complicated than he ever imagined, and the Scouts discover that the true enemy of a Space Marine is loss.
Listen to it because:
It's the battle of the shadows as the Raven Guard meet their equal in the midnight killers of Commoragh. Who will prove to be the masters of the night?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Day 21: Echoes of War: Raven Guard - Loss.

Amid the Storm:
The forests of Homendora ring to the sound of furious gunfire. Between the trunks of the towering trees, amid the dark of night and the hammering downpour, a squad of Raven Guard Scouts must prove their mettle against wave after wave of Dark Eldar. Can they hold out, or will they become macabre trophies for the piratical xenos?
Black Library Tie-in Scenario:
To accompany the Black Library short story 'Loss', this Warhammer 40,000 Echoes of War mission allows you to refight the determined stand of Jevel and his Scout brothers against a raiding party of Dark Eldar.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Day 22: Brotherhood of the Moon.

The Story:
In the aftermath of the rebellion within his Legion, Jaghatai Khan ordered the trials of his wayward sons to determine whether or not they would atone. The proud Terran legionary Torghun Khan now stands before his accusers, and must account for the events that could have led him into outright heresy...
Read it because:
Find out how the warrior lodges that lead so many Legions to treachery took root in the White Scars Legion. A must-read for any fan of Chris Wraight's Horus Heresy White Scars fiction such as Brotherhood of the Storm and Scars.

Great for White Scars-fans! :)

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Day 22: Datacards: White Scars.

Warriors of Chogoris:
Roaring into battle upon their armoured steeds, the White Scars are swift, sure hunters of exceptional skill. Raised up from the noble savages of their home world Chogoris, the White Scars are experts in hit-and-run warfare, striking hard and fast to leave only corpses and blazing ruin in their wake.
Data Reference:
An e-pub set of brand new White Scars tactical objectives, this product is an excellent reference tool and an exciting addition to any Warhammer 40,000 player's collection.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.