Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
If you look at the Advent Calender main page it actually already confirms what each story is about, at least the faction that it is about. From today;

Day 9 - Flesh Tearers
Day 10 - Death Guard (HH)
Day 11 - Inquisition
Day 12 - Tau
Day 13 - Necrons
Day 14 - Imperial Fists
Day 15 - Thousand Sons
Day 16 - Marines Malevolent
Day 17 - Mechanicus
Day 18 - Blood Angels
Day 19 - Dark Angels
Day 20 - Imperial Fists
Day 21 - Raven Guard
Day 22 - White Scars
Day 23 - Gaunt's Ghosts
Day 24 - Inquisition
Day 25 - World Eaters

Just a theory here, but according to the blog entry that was made a week or so ago, the 25th release will be a full novel. Now this calendar could only chart short stories, and that would mean that a short story and a novel will be released on Christmas Day. But I think that the calendar is telling us that the novel is a World Eaters novel, and on top of that the blog entry said that the novel was focused on a character from the 40k universe that we all know...

A Kharn novel perhaps?? I truly truly hope so. :biggrin:

LotN

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts

Along with a Kharn-related dataslate on the same day. Being the ultrapositive ray of sunshine that I am, I can only imagine the rules will be utter garbo, but they got me. My prediction for the cost of the dataslate? $9.99 USD.
Oh multiple nerdgasms! I truly truly do hope that we are about to get a Kharn novel, hell maybe my prediction from a few years ago will come true. When Ahriman: Exile was confirmed I wondered if the Four Avatars would get a series each; Kharn, Ahriman, Typhus and Lucius. Maybe I was right...

LotN

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I'm just hoping it isn't limited to ebook. I will buy and read it regardless, but damn do I want a print copy of that to sit next to my Ahriman books!
If this release follows the typical Christmas release, and there's no reason to think that it won't, it will be limited to an ebook for a few months. Ahriman: Exile was released at Christmas 2012 and wasn't available as a paperback until July 2013, and Straken was released at Christmas 2013 and has only been available for a month.

So don't expect Kharn to be sitting on your bookshelf until at least halfway through the year.

LotN

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Also, WOW. What a difference a helm makes with the Sanguinary Priest. I love it.
You noticed that too huh, they do look about 100x better with those helmets. It's about time we got a badass Apothecary model.

LotN

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I'm about halfway through the Kharn novella, and it's pretty cool. Way overpriced, but I'll take all the Kharn I can get.
I'm pretty sure that this isn't a novella, it's too long. Shorter than other BL novels I think but not a novella. Plus it's billed on the Advent pages, it's own BL page and in the actual pages of the book, to be a novel.

LotN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.