Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

The 7th Heresy Online Army Painting Challenge.

8K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  The Gunslinger 
#1 · (Edited)

Greetings you bunch of reprobates and welcome to the 7th Hunger....... What? Oh, sorry......

Who missed me then? :laugh:

By my reckoning this is the 7th APC - and the third one I've run - so let's get down to business shall we?
Same script as previous years in that you may have a primary army and an optional secondary army. If you are starting a brand new primary or secondary army then you must complete enough units to make it game legal.

Terrain is allowed as a monthly entry, although this can be a maximum of twice throughout the APC. You will also still receive a pair of "Real Life" tickets that enable you to essentially claim a 'free' month in the APC. Please don't abuse them or I'll send @Nordicus around to beat you up with wet celery! :laugh:
I will be including just one of the ever popular Double Month entries as well which will more than likely be January seeing as a lot of us will probably have been on the sauce throughout December.......

The requirement as ever is to have at least ten completed units by the end of the APC.

If you wish to enter, then please post below with what army you'll be painting up. The APC will begin on the 1st October 2016.

Here we go then!

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll be trying - and failing - to complete the APC again this year with Blitzkrieg Germans for Bolt Action.

#5 ·
Just a rules question: I have base coated my army with Chaos Black spray (done back in March), and I tend to paint slowly, but around three to two different units at the same time. So if i start, for example, two units in October that is base coated with Chaos Black, finish one in October and one November, do they both count or do I need to start and finish the unit in the same month?
Also is it ok that they are base coated already?

#9 ·
Umm, preferably month by month. Don't worry, I'm slow as fook at painting as well :laugh:

Can I make my mind up then? I'd like to dig through my minis and see what tickles my fancy.
Fine by me mate as long as you give me a quick shout with your choice so I can stick it into my records :)

Okay I'll torture myself again and say I'm in, doing Space Marines and a little Imperial Guard maybe. @Tawa, whats the craic with terrain, does it have to be store bought terrain or can it be scratch biult stuff?
Either/either matey :good:

With the Stormcast and Mechanicus each about 90-95% finished I think this time my Ghoul Court will be taking centre stage.
Colour me intrigued..... :)

#6 ·
Yay!
As to armies though I'm not sure, I'm away at the moment although I'll be back in a couple of weeks. Can I make my mind up then? I'd like to dig through my minis and see what tickles my fancy.
I've painted a lot of orks, and I've still got a few to do, but I would like a change.
Hmmmmm.

#8 ·
With the Stormcast and Mechanicus each about 90-95% finished I think this time my Ghoul Court will be taking centre stage.

LotN

#12 ·
Cools :good:

Also, @Drohar, I should have said that having everything base coated in advance is no issue at all :good:

#20 ·
What madness is this!? :laugh:

#22 ·
Boring! :laugh:

#24 ·
Good man!

#27 ·
Yarp :)

I shifted the APC over to Project Logs as it's not really what could be called a completion. Apart from the rest of us desperately trying to match the work rate of @Nordicus....... :laugh:

#29 ·
Good grief!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.