Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just wanted to let you all know that I have just secured the location of the 2011 Colonial GT! It is the Westin Hotel at the Forrestal Village in Princeton New Jersey. I will be sending out a welcome letter from the hotel that will outline the amenities they are giving us, as well as an outline of the surrounding area. They were very happy to host this event this year and look forward to our future events! The dates for the event is the 8th, 9th, and 10th, April 2011.

Here are a few bullets that outline some of the amenities and other tidbits for the 2011 Colonial GT:
• They are going to open up happy hour earlier than normal, and keep the bar open until 2 am.
• They will be offering discounts on meals that are eaten at their restaurant in the hotel.
• A Starbucks next to the playing space in the hotel.
• Offering a “lunch to go” that is a sandwich, chips and drinks combo. I will get the final price soon; I will be having a meeting with the restaurant owners.
• They dropped well below the business rate of $149.00 for rooms, and are giving us the rooms for $119.00. The standard cost of the rooms is $165.00.
• The area has a food court right outside the hotel within walking distance. There is a Bar and Grill there that I will also visit and see what they can do for us.
• Indoor/Outdoor pool.
• I will be offering special package deals for guys that sign up for rooms and before a given deadline.
• Looking to do activities on Friday night, hopefully I can find the rules for Chariot races, and will be doing Gladiator Pit Fighting.
• I am in the process of developing a logo for the event, and generating shirts that you can prepay for before the event, and I will have some there.
• Doing a raffle drawing for free prizes, which tickets will be attached to the package deals. Details will be finalized soon.
• I am releasing tickets to this event as prizes in other tournaments. The first ticket is the Big Show at Showcase Comics (fantasy of course!). Stay Tuned!
• An easy to use online link supplied by the hotel to reserve rooms.

The web site is currently being redone, and the new dates and features will be present very shortly. The site itself will have a whole new look! Please be patient in this update. This updates should be done in the next week or so.

I look forward to seeing all of you at the 2011 Colonial GT!

MM
www.thecolonialgt.com

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prizes!

Guys,

here is a quick rundown of what I have gathered so far, and I am still working on other additions:

Tickets:

Independant Circuit GW Ticket
CrossRoads GT Ticket(From Corey Reynolds)
The Big Show Ticket(From Mike Clark at Showcase Comics)
The Nova Open GT Ticket(From Mike Brandt)
Battle at Blobs ParkTicket(From The Inner Circle Gaming Club)

Sponsers:

GW Prize Support
The Game Room at Woodbridge Mall
Maplewood Hobbies
Brothers Grimm Comics and Collectables
The Gamers Realm
Gale Force Nine
Battle Foam

I will be getting custom Plaques for each award winner in the event.
I will also be getting custom made templates with the Colonial GT logo on them.
A Kit Ray Sword will be given to the Overall Winner for the event.
Rafffle Ticket drawing for free items!

I am working on other sponsers and vendors and I will update all of you on this news!

MM

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
News!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is a friendly reminder that we are accepting payment for the 2011 Colonial GT beginning on November 1st! If you register for the event before March 12th, your payment for the event will be $80.00, that's $10.00 off!

So please register on the web site that lets us know that you are coming. You will be able to make your payment to secure your slot for the event.

The Master List will be maintained by the Tournament Organizer, and there will be a living list (in the forum) in a thread with the subject title of "Master List."

Remember that you can only secure your slot when I receive your payment. The price for the event is $90.00 unless you pre-register and prepay before the deadline date....then it is only $80.00

I am working with Winthrop Design to place an easy to pay button or link on the Colonial site.

In the meantime, please follow the directions for payment that is listed in the general rules for the event, under the tab of "Game Play."

Do you need a hotel room for the event? See the easy link on the bottom of every page that says "Starwood Hotels and Resorts", or click on the link "Click here for your reservations." This is so you can make your reservations as you register for the event. Otherwise you may call the hotel and make your reservations over the phone, just make sure to say that you are under the group "Colonial GT."

MM

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
40k has been added to the Colonial GT!

Thats right folks,

40k will be included in the 2011 Colonial GT! The new allocation of slots will be 90/40 (Fantasy/40K). After March 5th, any available slots will become open to all, so 40k can grow to more than 40 slots! Please visit the website www.thecolonialgt.com, to register for the event. On the web site under the gameplay tab, you will find a section on rules. This will give you the basis on the core rules for the event, including payment information. When you pay using paypal, please note that you are playing 40k in the comments section. If you are paying via check, make sure you place 40k in the bottom left hand "for" section on the check. The final details are being worked out for the tournament packets and will be placed on the web site for your convience. 40k players, please submit the army lists to [email protected] by March 25th, failure to do so by that date will result in 10 points being deducted from your final score. Payment for the event must be paid through me, by paypal or mail, which is covered on the web site.

At this time I would like to make a huge shout out to Dave at the Brothers Grimm for running this 40k section of the Colonial GT! Please support him in this endevour! I know that with your help we can make 40k a permanent part of the Colonial GT!

I would also like to give thanks to Tony Spino for providing a entry ticket to next years Mechanicon! This ticket will give you entry to his 40k tournament! GW will be making this a Indy GT qualifyer, so a Vegas ticket is there. Mike Brandt has also provided a Nova GT ticket, as well as the 40k Warstore Weekend. Dave and the Brothers Grimm will also be provididng a ticket to their GT event which is happaning next year! I will also be providing a generous amount of prize support as I always have, and am working on a grab bag for all players! There Overall Winner will also be provided a sword, as in all my events!

See all of you there!

Chris Nanry
The Colonail GT
www.thecolonialgt.com

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ticket Breakdown:

Fantasy;

Indy GT Ticket GW
CrossRoads GT
War Store Weekend
Battle at Blobs Park
Big Show at Showcase Comics
Nova Open GT

40k;

Indy GT Ticket GW
Nova Open GT
2011 Mechanicon
War Store Weekend
Brothers Grimm GT

Thats 11 total tickets for the event!

MM

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys,

just wanted to let all of you know that the Genral Tournament packet with the WFB rules and the 40k Rules Packets are up on the Colonial GT Web Site. Just go to Game Play Tab and look under rules, and you will see both links at the top of the page. Easy Click and Print!

MM

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
During the Months of January and February, the GamesWorkshop Store in Echelon Village will be running The Official Colonial GT Qualifier with the goal of handing out a free ticket to the 2011 Colonial GT!

GamesWorkshop has been offered one free ticket to the 2011 Colonial GT to award to the winner of the Colonial GT Qualifier.
During the months of January and February, the player who accumulates the most points total by playing a total of Ten Games in 2 months (2 pick up games per month in which you may choose your opponent) and (2 Three Round Rogue Trader Tournaments on the Last Saturday of January and February) will win the ticket.
The list follows the normal rules and restrictions for the Colonial GT and army list must be that of 2500 points for Warhammer Fantasy.
Painting for the qualifiers is not required but keep in mind it is mandatory to have it painted for the Colonial GT. Painting will be in consideration for Overall.
The Point of Contact for the Qualifiers is:

Michael DiCicco

Hobby Center Operator

Gamesworkshop

Echelon Village

856-627-0101

Hours of Operation for the Store

Monday-Closed

Tuesday-Closed

Wednesday-2-9

Thursday-2-9

Friday-2-9

Saturday-10-9

Sunday-12-6

I look forward to seeing all of you at the Colonial GT!

MM
www.thecolonialgt.com

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As all of you know,

The Colonial GT has added 40k to the Tournament. If you would like, you may submit photos of your 40k armies or figures to the slide show on the web site.

I would ask that the photos be in good taste, and unless you are doing a major scuplting job and want to show off the major work involved, that the models be fully painted.

Thank you,

MM
http://www.thecolonialgt.com

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Greetings all!

I hope all of you have had as much fun as I have digging myself out of all this snow! This is a friendly reminder that there are still slots left for both 40k and WHFB for the 2011 Colonial GT! The Master List is located on the forums in the General Discussions area. If you have registered for the Colonial, this does not mean that you have a secure slot for the event, you must prepay to have your name added to the Master List. Whomever prepays first will been added to the list, the date of registration will have no bearing on availability. Registration and payment before the March 12th deadline will ensure the $10.00 off the standard ticket price of $90.00.

Here are the two options of payment for the event:

"For PayPal use: [email protected]
For snail mail please send checks payable to: The Colonial GT, LLC. 492 Sycamore St. Rahway, NJ 07065."

See you at the Colonial GT!
-MM
www.thecolonialgt.com

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Colonial GT Qualifier

WHERE:
Brothers Grim Games & Collectibles
1244 Middle Country Road
Selden, NY 11784

WHEN:
March 12th, 2011

3 Rounds, 2.5 Hours Each Round

$10 Entry Fee

Muster @ 11am, First Dice @ Noon

Pre Registration will begin 2/10/11.

There is a maximum of 60 Battle Points and 9 Bonus Points that can be earned throughout the day.

It is required that you bring 5 copies of your army list to the tournament. You will need one to hand in to the tournament organizer, one for yourself, and one for each of your opponents.

Painting is not required, but it is awarded at the end as a separate prize!

If you have any other questions, concerns, or would like to pre register, please contact us at:
631-698-2805
[email protected]

Any questions about the 40k Colonial GT, please email:
[email protected]

-- Dave

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi All!

For everyone that's going to participate in the Colonial 40k this year, we have our mission packet posted!

There are 8 missions in the packet, we will be using any 5 of them. This is a PDF download. Please email us if you require a different format.

http://www.brgrim.com/?page_id=1601

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email us at:

[email protected]

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
40k Players,

I am happy to announce that the Adepticon has just secured a ticket swap with the Colonial GT! At this years Adepticon, a ticket will be given out for the 2011 Colonial GT! The Colonial GT will be issuing a ticket to the 2012 Adepticon! This means that there are 12 tickets in total to be handed out at the Colonial GT!

40k will have a ticket to the 2011 Nova Open, War Store Weekend, Brothers Grimm GT, A 40k GW Indy Ticket, The Mechanicon GT, and now the 2012 Adepticon.

WHFB will have the GW Indy Ticket, the 2011 Nova Open, War Store Weekend, Big Show at Showcase Comics, Battle at Blobs Park and the Cross Roads GT!

MM

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Greetings all!

Due to the planning of the Colonial logistically, I am implimenting a payment cutoff date of April 1st, 2011. After this date, if you still would like to attend the Colonial GT, please contact the Tournament Organizer about attending the event. We are currently at 104 reserved players!

Also ensure that if you are one of these players that you have turned in your army list.

-MM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.