Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks.

I have been quite lax in my getting back to Heresy since getting back home about 4 months ago now, but -things- got in the way and I really never got around to it.

This more or less just a few pics of some of the hobby stuff I did and collected while in the UK. There is more to come as I go through my myriad of boxes and make the stuff to give me some space to -hopefully- get back to painting again soon.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Gott im Himmel!

That's a lot of miniatures assembled. And it's toke months for me to put my 1,000 point space marines together!

you have more? how do you store all those models? A battle ship!

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not dead.

I have also start a little Black Templar project as well. So far I have two Crusader squads, a Land Raider Crusader, a Rhino, an Assault squad, Emperor's Champion and the Lord Executioner as my Marshal.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just glad to see I am not the only one couple hundred models behind lol. My current rate of buying/painting is about 1/60 at this rate I will be a horder before I get my 3rd army done.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Just glad to see I am not the only one couple hundred models behind lol. My current rate of buying/painting is about 1/60 at this rate I will be a horder before I get my 3rd army done.
Welcome to the fold! :laugh:

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
That is quite a lot of models -_- Not that I should be talking... ~10-12k points, maybe 3-4k painted... Not nearly this well though. Well done, mate.

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah..tons of fun...lets see how you feel after slogging youre way through the painting ")
Yeah, just started painting again after a few months. I'm really getting back into it. While I have a few projects, like my Death Guard and Red Wolves, that I am currently working on to paint for games, I like the idea of having all of these other little projects I can come back to for a 'paint break'.

A lot of this has been accumulated over a number of years and I just kind of decided I needed to get it all out of various boxes and into some kind of ordered fashion. As I mentioned above I am just getting back into painting so my speed isn't necessarily quick at the moment, but I'm hoping to get the chance of smashing as much of this as I can out over the next few months.

Welcome to the fold! :laugh:
I know right. There is nothing quite like the fevered collection of loads of models you like.

That is quite a lot of models -_- Not that I should be talking... ~10-12k points, maybe 3-4k painted... Not nearly this well though. Well done, mate.
Thanks JAMOB. It's a bit like lots of ideas, leads to a few armies, then it's just finding a balance to get to painting them all.

I got a bit of the ol' Templar bug. They were one of my first ideas for a Marine army that I never quite got around to doing. After reading them in the new Codex (where I don't think they really lost any of their flair, but where opened up to a lot more options, which is a good thing. Right?) I decided to claw into them a bit again. They are inline to be part of the Imperial forces heading to Desper-se.

The above is the beginnings of 'The Desper-se Crusade' led by Marshal Balian, who I have chosen to be represented by the Lord Executioner. He is currently aided by Emperor's Champion Sigard, who is converted from the Kor'sarro Khan model. Accompanying Sigard is a 15 man Crusader squad led by Sword Brother Raynald and the first combat squad of Assault Marines, that accompany Balian, are led by Sword Brother Bertrand. A second Crusader squad, led by Sword Brother Dagobert, are in the assembly line. The Land Raider Crusader as of yet has no name.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
That's quite a collection there! I'm keen to see you work your way through it, if you're ever up top end feel free to PM me for a game.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
BT's looking good! That's a fair bit of GS on that Executioner mini, that by choice or because it was a bad case of FailCast?

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking good mate! Crusader squads are their own reward.
I do love them!

That's quite a collection there! I'm keen to see you work your way through it, if you're ever up top end feel free to PM me for a game.
Thank you. Will definately keep that in mind mate, likewise if your down this way.

BT's looking good! That's a fair bit of GS on that Executioner mini, that by choice or because it was a bad case of FailCast?
Shoulder pad was to cover the :fa: on it. The wrist had a gap in the join, but wasn't miscast. Bit of miscast in the part of the pack behind his head, but for the most part fine, just a bit of smoothing out. No major issue with anything Finecast that I have got.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts