Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever sprayed up your models only to find a couple of random pieces of static grass have been lurking on the desk since the last time you based something, only to pounce on the fresh models and get themselves in the mix?

I have, and it's bloody annoying trying to pick them out after applying an undercoat then the base coat:angry: I've learnt my lesson the hard way and keep my basing antics to a separate area of the room to the painting these days.

However, I have just come across something which could be potentially far more lethal: snow!

I have only just got into snow, basing my first model only moments ago. I have never seen the stuff before but what I found in the pot is a substance far finer than static grass You might think this would be obvious, but having never even contemplated using snow before, I didn't know what to expect. granules of some sort maybe, but this stuff is like really fine fluff.

Anyway, my point is, this stuff could be far harder to detect lurking around the desk and could seriously upset any painting if not watched carefully and kept on a tight leash.

You have been warned.

Rev

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Ugh, the stuff is genuinly horrible.

I can't get it neat enough to look nice, It feels horrible, gets everywhere and as you say; You can't detect it anywhere, so you get it all over models. UGH.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
heres a little trick Ive used to keep that shit from happening:

HAVE your painting box (what you use to spray your models) below your model at all times, if the snow gets on that, or the grass, it wont get all over anywhere else, and you wont ever have to deal with random snow / grass kreeping up on you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts