Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanatar Siege Automata

The Thanatar is a heavy Siege-automata, designed as a mobile artillery platform rather than a general battle unit. It is armed with a Hellex pattern plasma mortar, a terrifying weapon able to launch dense spheres of blazing plasma on arcing trajectories over defensive barriers and into the heart of enemy fortifications, incinerating anything in their blast radius with a liquid tide of sun-hot fire.

The Thanatar’s frame, built to accommodate the huge weapon and the power systems and fuel reserves required to supply it, is considerably larger than even the hulking Castellax. Its frame is also heavily reinforced, both to withstand the stresses of firing its principal weapon and protect it from incoming attacks. This factor, alongside the use of an atomantic shielding array, make Thanatars notoriously durable. Such is their resilience that Thanatars are beyond the ability of most small arms, no matter how advanced, to harm.

The Thanatar Seige-automata is a complete multi-part resin kit, designed by Will Hayes. This model is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from Monday 30th June.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
It does look pretty awesome.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
For those wondering, Thanatar are beastly Heavy Support Monstrous Creatures, with 4 T8 Wounds and 2+/5++ (versus Shooting, 2+/6++ in CC) putting them out of the reach of most things short of Power Fists. That you can take them in Maniples of up to 5 makes them just as naughty.

The obvious thing about it is its Plasma Mortar - a S8 AP2 Ordnance Blast rerolling successful cover saves, with only limited range.

These things tear apart the Astartes, but they're a hefty expenditure, and having a 12" minimum range means no shoot+assault with it, but it does have a Back up TL'd Mauler Bolt Cannon - a Heavy 3 S6 AP3 Pinning weapon, so even then the Legions do not get off the hook so lightly.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For those wondering, Thanatar are beastly Heavy Support Monstrous Creatures, with 4 T8 Wounds and 2+/5++ (versus Shooting, 2+/6++ in CC) putting them out of the reach of most things short of Power Fists. That you can take them in Maniples of up to 5 makes them just as naughty.

The obvious thing about it is its Plasma Mortar - a S8 AP2 Ordnance Blast rerolling successful cover saves, with only limited range.

These things tear apart the Astartes, but they're a hefty expenditure, and having a 12" minimum range means no shoot+assault with it, but it does have a Back up TL'd Mauler Bolt Cannon - a Heavy 3 S6 AP3 Pinning weapon, so even then the Legions do not get off the hook so lightly.
It has range 48 if it stays still, it's halved if it moves.

·
Closet Dictator
3,428 Posts
Just checked the price, for £70 quid that is a steal, with p&p that works out not much more than a knight in euros I must possess 1

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Is that a flyer base it's on? If it is then fuck me that thing is huge and yes I would get one instead of a Knight. That thing looks MEAN!

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Ad Mech, pretty easy to work a small force in as allies, could use them as Dark Ad Mech very easily. Yeap when it comes time that I feel the need to buy some more minis (hopefully should be a year or two away) this what I will be going with, this, 2 units of Thallax, a unit of Castellax and a unit of Secutor's to go along with a converted Magos and some DIY Thralls. Probably not a good thing for me that they have released that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts