Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
Usually I play a huge foot slogging army for orks but lately it has been boring so I figured i'd try trukk list. Now for orks i never really played a mech list usually my only vehicles are looted wagons or battlewagons with heavy guns, but we'll see how i do anyways here is my list please feel free to comment i can't make this better without some criticism.

Big Mek 85pts kustom force field

Big Mek 85pts kustom force field

Ork Boyz x12 152pts - Nob with Power Klaw and Bosspole, Trukk with Boarding Plank

Ork Boyz x12 152pts - Nob with Power Klaw and Bosspole, Trukk with Boarding Plank

Ork Boyz x 11 146pts - Nob with Power Klaw and Bosspole, Trukk with Boarding Plank

Ork Boyz x 11 146pts - Nob with Power Klaw and Bosspole, Trukk with Boarding Plank

Warbuggies x3 105pts - 3x Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha

Now if my math is right (i hope it is) i should have 115pts left any advice what to buy let me know

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I think if you could fit 8 trucks into that list then you would have an army that would really be difficult for most armies to handle at this point level. You may have to drop a squad of buggies to fit the other two trucks.
I like the list as is but a few more trucks can do wonders. I would try the list as is to see what results you get.

·
4,491 Posts
Looks good, but i would drop the boarding planks.
Use the points gained from dropping the planks, plus your other left over points, and get yourself some Lootas for extra fire support.

Personally i prefer Battlewagons to Trukks though. I have experimented with both and i feel that Battlewagons are far superior.
Not only are they a LOT harder to take down, but 20 Boyz is a good number to have.
Only having 12 means that an explosion will kill roughly 4, meaning your taking a pinning test on Ld 8.
Not only that, but even if you do get to the enemy generally 12 Boyz is never enough. The opponent will be going first more often than not, and will kill off most of the squad before they can even attack. With 20 Boyz they can afford to take a few casualties and still put out plenty of attacks when their turn comes.

If you decide to stick with the Trukks, then make sure you run them in 2 groups of 3 (obvious i know).
When you disembark and assault, ALWAYS make sure you charge with 2 units at the same time. Any unit of 10 marines with BP/CCW will kill off 5 Orks on average before you can attack (not counting SW's), which almost halves your number of attacks.
The only exception i would give to the rule would be if the enemy unit is a small unit, or only has 1 attack with no CCW's.

Hope my advise is of some help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the comments guys i'll play around with the ideas and get back to you on results

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Leave boarding planks because that means to use a power klaw on a vehicle you need to get out. I'm not a fan of Trukks TBH but the list is pretty sound. Just leave it as it, it's pretty spot on.

Pretty much how I feel about it. I'm not a big fan of trucks either but at 1500 points they become very difficult for many armies to handle when backed up with buggies. A guy at my local store runs almost the same exact list but he has eight trucks and he has a very good winning record.

·
Registered
221 Posts
So question for you guys then if you don't like trukks...

If you ditch all of your trukks and take battle wagon instead, assuming you take two filled to the brim w/ choppa boyz + the usual nob, is that enough boyz? That actually gets me more boyz than currently w/ my 3 trukks. Would throwing in a third battle wagon and giving that to my nobz squad be a good idea also? And finally if you did this would you guys take deffrollas, or just the bare bones load out?

·
Registered
92 Posts
2 B. Mek Kff
4 BW's (all with rolla's), 2 with 20 shoota boyz, 1 with 11? burna's, 1 with 4 Mega Nobz
2 trukks of 12 boyz and 1 trukk of 11 Ard boyz
At 1850

And won a Tourny(first tourny ever), the last game i faced D. Eldar with 24 DARK LANCES(played to a draw)

Not to mention crushed/destroyed all comers before the tourny

·
4,491 Posts
You are missing some fire support, which Lootas would be perfect for.

You will win combat against almost everything, however if your opponent is shooting at you its quite possible only half your stuff will reach your opponent. You then face a situation where you have half your army in close combat with all of theirs.
Lootas help soften up the opponent a bit before locking them in combat, and helps to get the opponent out of their metal boxes before you charge.
Yes, the Warbuggies are good at killing tanks (by Orks standards), but they cant dish out anywhere near the number of shots that Lootas can.

Regarding Boyz in Battlewagons, KFF's, and Warbuggies, my latest list im using is the following...

Big Mek
- Kustom Force Field
85 points

Big Mek
- Kustom Force Field
85 points

12 Lootas
180 points

19 Boyz
- Choppas/Sluggas
- Nob
- Power Klaw