Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

Am new to the forum so please be gentle,

Here are some pics of my genestealer cult army, it uses the imperial guard codex

I used Skaven plague monks as the base figures

The first job to do was to make them a bit taller so this is how I went about that, not sure if this is the best way to go about it so if anyone has any suggestions on what might work better I'd appreciate the input.

I basically just cut off a part of the sprue and trimmed any parts of the feet that stick out from below the robes

Next I started to sculpt the robes now my green stuff skill is pretty much non existent as this is only the second time I've ever tried using the stuff, so C&C is welcome along with any help people can give me with this, here's what I have so far

Front

Back

I'm gonna file down some of the areas where it doesn't look to smooth.

Next I filled in the area where the original head went and made a new area to mount the new heads the heads I've used are Pig Iron's KOLONY FERAL HEADS

Front

Back

Side

And here's a few more of the little fellas

Again I know I have a fair bit of tidying up to do on these but for now I hope you enjoy them

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm sure we've all seen these done before but here are the pics of my gun jeepsanyway

and a few with the gun turret

I'm not sure if I'll move the gun so the passenger is using it at the moment I'll have a play around and make a decision when I get a chance

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
been playing around with poses on my HW squad and got some more pics sorted out

Reloading the autocannon

Mooching around with a lasgun

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I'm going to change the colour of the sergeants mask at some point but not sure what colour to go for atm so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some WIP shots for ya'll of my hybridsmore to come soon

Gotta finish the back on this guy to make it look more like the old skool stealers (see next pic)

Sorry about the blurry pictures

Any way C&C are more than welcome and any tips people can give me for improving my green stuff work would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for looking

RhYn0

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys,

Just in case anyone is interested the weapons these guys are carrying (count as autoguns) are from pig iron productions

RhYn0

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well, I belive some well deserved rep is in order here.

Great idea to start a g.cult army, the 'outlawed' look you made really captures attention.
Awsome, all the way.

P.S. Especially like the freaky seargent with twin pistols.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Gee, that's pretty good. You're very ambitious for a first go at using GS.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I am soooo impressed. To tackle a project like this without much prior gs experience id a big call. The thing is you have produced a damn fine force. These guys look fantastic. I am a big fan of aberrant or heavily customised forces. Fine work indeed.
Rep for the effort and the fine result.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You might want to look at picking up some fine grit (1200+) wet/dry paper to sand down the joins where two areas of GS meet or where GW meets figure - at the moment the bumps and lines detract a bit from the overall finish.

Otherwise, it's always great to see more Genestealer cult's! Working on my own magus conversion at the moment.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Dante

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the kind words guys it's very much appreciated

Are they loyalists? I would imagine not but I still see Imperial insignia
No their far from loyalist, I've left the loyalist insignia on on purpose. As a Genestealer cult they need to remain covert and undercover to some degree and take the system down from the inside

I have some new bit's and pieces hot of the press as they say, 1st up are my Brood Comrades, in game terms they count as Veterans to represent the higher level of training over the Brood Brothers, as mentioned they still bare there Imperial Insignia but they have covered their faces to remain anonymous within the cult

Sergent

Shotgun Vets

Not sure on this guy atm will probably get him painted and see how it comes out can always swap the head if it looks to poor

Melta Vets

On top of this motley crew I have made the cults interpretation of Guardsman Marbo

Last but not least I have entered the Heresy Online modeling competition with this fella, my dark commissar.

Voting kicks of on the 1st of April any votes will be much appreciated

Till next time

RhYn0

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm thinking I'll use the baby blue/grey colour for the genestealer hybrids, possibly with some kind of yellow stripe to break up the colour a bit. I am however at a bit of a loss with the Veterans atm, might have to find an imperial guard online army painter thingy, I'm tempted to try and do an urban camo as their technically a PDF force but think it may be a bit beyond my skills

·
Registered
21 Posts
What about a nice dark purple for the cultist robes and the militia uniforms?

Fits with the classic GS cult themes and would be quite easy to do?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I like this I would add a few normal guys with an extra arm
Nothing says Cult like a Three armed Scavy

1 - 20 of 47 Posts