Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GENERAL INTRODUCTION

Welcome all to our first 40k Tactical Exercise Without Table.

IN this TEWT you will be required to provide the "best chance for victory" solution for the tactical situation show below.

Solutions are to be PM'ed to me prior to 23:59Z (GMT/UTC) 1st August. All solutions will then be posted for comment and critique to determine the best solution.

Keep you assessments brief, dot points are best. Add in rule references for anything that is a bit odd, Page numbers etc make it MUCH easier for other readers to understand your rationale.

Also try to add in your expected reaction from the enemy player.

All diagrams are not correctly to scale but they are in proportion to an extent. You will be able to more or less determine ranges and Lines of Sight from the diagrams "within reason"; we won't be doing any "he's an 1/8 of an Inch out of range" crap

Post any questions you might have in this thread. In general I will only post an answer if it is something that cannot be determined from the information provided or something that only appears obvious in my strange little world.

If someone asks a question and you have the same question as them, post as well, if enough ppl ask then I'll provide a bit more info.

Remember too this is new ground, a work in progress and the process will no doubt grow as we go.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
TEWT #1 - Dark Eldar vs Grey Knights

Situation
It is currently Turn 5. Grey Knights had first turn.
Night Fight is in effect.

Combat Drugs Roll was a 3.
Both sides have lost 1 unit per turn each turn of the game.
The only remaining forces are those in the diagram. There are no remaining reserves.
All units are equipped with standard wargear unless noted otherwise on the diagram.
All Ruins are ground floor only.
All Dark Eldar units that have killed Grey Knight units have themselves been eliminated.
The Grotesques started the game with an Haemonculus (Ancient) who was killed in the CC that caused them to fall back.

Mission
The Relic.

Exercise requirement
Detail the Grey Knights actions to create the best possible chance of victory.
Be sure to include the expected respective Victory Point Totals at game end.

Situation Diagram

FINAL RESULTS

I've made some notes on a few things, mainly to do with rules. Very keen what others have to say.

NEFERHET

WOLFGANG7

CATTLEBRUISER

NATW

COKE123

IRON_FREAK220

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
This is more complicaed than I expected. But it should still be fun. I'll work on it tomorrow, after some rest.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The idea Scoze is to divine the answers to questions like that for the situation as presented and factor that into the solution.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess you'll need to address that in your solution.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
So be it, next question and it is a very important one. Which DE units have tokens and how many do they have.

Edit: As the player of the game both my first question and this one would be known by the GK player BTW.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah yes forgot to add :

Combat Drugs Roll was a 3.

All Dark Eldar units that have killed Grey Knight units have themselves been eliminated.

The Grotesques started the game with an Haemonculus (Ancient) who was killed in the CC that caused them to fall back.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
PM'd you. This was not an easy one! I hope to have done it by the rules :)

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Easy ? EASY IS FOR MAGGOTS.

First solution is in and it's looks like a good one.

·
Registered
146 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
491 Posts
PM sent

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's great fellas, there are some very astute assessments in all that.

Just as a thought when I post the solutions should I do it one at a time so we can examine each or do it all in one "blob" post and then you guys can address all of them at once?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Just as a thought when I post the solutions should I do it one at a time so we can examine each or do it all in one "blob" post and then you guys can address all of them at once?
Here I was thinking that you would (for lack of a better word) grade them somehow as being most likely to succeed to least likely to succeed and present them back to us for discussion.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here I was thinking that you would (for lack of a better word) grade them somehow as being most likely to succeed to least likely to succeed and present them back to us for discussion.
Nah, who am I to say what is right and wrong? I will make some comments on each when I post for sure, particularity with rules items but the overall assessment of who's is the best is very much up to the discussion.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Excellent. In that case I would say that the number of entries should dictate the presentation. If there's a lot out there, do it one by one. If there's 3 or 4 options that come up just post those ones in a group.

EDIT: How long are you accepting submissions?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'd say post them one at a time. When lots of things to discuss get posted at once people tend to focus on a few of them and neglect the rest. If you post them one at a time, then they'll all get discussed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts