Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is kind of a prelude to the actual test, I was wondering if I could get your opinion on it. The general idea of this tzeentch warhammer fantasy army is going to be "The Gleaming Host" i.e they wear very shiny armour.

So I was thinking of doing the basic armour bright "chainmail" or "mithril" silver colour with a drakenhof nightshade wash over it. However I wasn't sure how far to go, if I go with the same colour for the shield do you think it'll be "to much" and need a more contrasting colour such as the traditional blue or is doing it the same no problem?

What do you think about the cloak to, I was thinking of maybe yellow to add to the "gleam" a bit, or is blue enough?

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
A layered scheme based on any one colour (metallic or not) can look good if you layer and highlight. Conversely, block colour with a single wash can look very plain.

So whether to do the shields as well depends on how much effort you want to put in to accentuating the shadows and edges on the metal.

If you are going for a single colour for the armour then yellow accents on a blue cloak would certainly add visual texture.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts