Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We only got in three rounds, but it went fast (I didn't know he had to pick up his kids at 3, so our game was really short).

Key notes: The baneblade wasn't all that effective (it only shot at his stompa). His stompa wasn't all that effective either.

The Brass Scorpion ROCKED! Jesus GOD Heavy 10 is nice!

Apocalypse plays very differently as far as mindset goes. It's more similar to a wargame, maneuvering units towards objectives than your typical 40k Skirmish-fest...which is really nice. Seems like a war should.

The people you play with can make...or break this game.
You really need people who are laid back and there to have fun rolling dice and thinking on a high level about strategy...not on a micro level about which models to pull off in order to deny an assault etc.

If possible. set up a side table for refreshments, books and "stuff".

A long stretch of yarn is a good idea for setting up the centreline and no-man's land.

http://picasaweb.google.com/OrdoHereticus/ApocTest/photo#5122087710533049666

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I've played a few megabattles myself, but have yet to play an actual 'Apocalypse' game. I'm not too sure that I'm interested, though I like that it has gotten GW to update the rules for many of the lesser common units/vehicles.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
From what I understand, the basic rules remain the same. There are quite a few options and changes to army unit restrictions, though. For the most part, if you have 3000pts, then you're golden.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Essentially, drop the force org chart. Any limitations like 0-3 Elites, or Fast Attack, or whatever...gone. Just bring everything you've got, tally up the points, and go for it.

Apocalypse adds Super-Heavies and flyers...and Battle Formations (which are set units that come with cool strategems). It also adds a bunch of strategems.

The big difference IMO is that each side has three objective markers to place: one in your set up area, one in the enemy's set up area...and one in no-man's land. The goal is to capture and hold those objectives.

That's it.

·
Registered
999 Posts
That Stompa is too cool. Where'd you get the close combat arm?

·
Registered
3 Posts
no 0-1, sweet, :yahoo:

now the red harvest can begin, mwuhahahahahahha.
opps, got a bit carried away.:secret:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nice ingenuity. I liked the looted Basilisk. And the stompa is awesome as well

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
The big difference IMO is that each side has three objective markers to place: one in your set up area, one in the enemy's set up area...and one in no-man's land. The goal is to capture and hold those objectives.
Nice to see the old epic objective rules back :)
I think they'll suit apocalypse quite well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts