Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
when you have 2 (as you should tkae them in pairs) you should fart out atleast 25 Guants and personly i think thats worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Our tyranid player's Tervigon always seems to blow its load early, I think the unit really depends on if you are prepared to bet on the dice roll.

Also remember that your Tervigon in a 6 turn game could spawn between 3 and 90 termagents - having recently started playing Skaven in WFB i am learning to appreciate the "hard 6's" models and how devastating they can be when they go right.

Double them up and you are most likely reducing the weakness, and just make sure you play them assuming they will produce babies each turn - as the optimum output will be when you are putting the tervigon in a position where the babies will do good if they come - otherwise you end up with a load of point sulking away from where it should have been useful.

·
4,491 Posts
On average you get two spawns, or 10.5 average each.
So 21 Termagants spawn from a single Tervigon on average, which is...
105 points woth.
On average, a tervigon will spawn for 2.22 turns giving you 23.36 termagants (total).

Now for those who wants more (heavy part):
95% of the time, a tervigon will spawn for 2.22 ± 3.05 turns giving you 23.36 ± 33.65 termagants (total).
or
68.2% of the time, a tervigon will spawn for 2.22 ± 1.55 turns giving you 23.36 ± 16.89 termagants (total).

Provides he survive this far.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Our tyranid player's Tervigon always seems to blow its load early, I think the unit really depends on if you are prepared to bet on the dice roll.

Also remember that your Tervigon in a 6 turn game could spawn between 3 and 90 termagents - having recently started playing Skaven in WFB i am learning to appreciate the "hard 6's" models and how devastating they can be when they go right.

Double them up and you are most likely reducing the weakness, and just make sure you play them assuming they will produce babies each turn - as the optimum output will be when you are putting the tervigon in a position where the babies will do good if they come - otherwise you end up with a load of point sulking away from where it should have been useful.
Yeah, all 3 times I've played one it jammed first turn :S
But they aren't just baby factories, Catalyst is a very useful Psychic power, and they themselves are a bit of a menace to have walking towards you; they're tough as hell, and they can hurt things plenty if you let them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts