Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sry this maybe a stupid question but I dont get the fact if Termagants spawned from Tervigons cost points.How dose this work ?

plz good explanation with quotes from the codex

·
Registered
496 Posts
they dont cost points (well tehcnicly they do because the power costs points)

they are Spawned units that are created in-game so are outside of normal FoC and Point total rules

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
The points for the gaunts are basically part of the tervigon's cost- the ability to produce gaunts makes the tervigon better and so will have meant an increase in points over what its basic stats would indicate (compare the tervigon to a mawloc stats wise... the tervigon really doesnt look very good by comparison yet they are similar points).

The spawned unit itself doesnt cost anything and isnt part of the FoC but it is still a troops unit (so can claim objectives) and still gives away a KP in anhilation games (during which its often a good idea not to spawn any gaunts at all- you dont have to do it).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok but how many gants can the tervigon spawn, I mean after you trow your 3d6 and spawn your termagants, can you do that again ?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the codex says that if I get a duble the tervigon will still generate the termagants I rolled but I can' t generate anymore termagants for the rest of the match
Duble ? Dose that mean for ex. I get 2 Sixes and I can' t generate anymore? If yes dose that mean that if I don' t get a duble I can continue to generate

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
Yes and yes.

The ability is balanced out by the very high probability of rolling a double. Plus the way the Tervigon explodes and kills said Gaunts when killed is a balancing downside.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome thx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts