Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday I played a stupid 4000pt game of Imperial Guard vs Iron Warriors, with a shitload of tanks and artillery. Conveniently enough, we both brought our Knights - his a filthy heretic, mine a glorious superior Imperial - and as always happens when we both pack our Knights, we got into a tangle in the middle of the board. Only one hitch; his had some dumbass Sorceror casting Inivisibility on it. And he got the charge. Shit. He rolls up his attacks; 1, 1, 3, 2. Whiffed completely. I roll up; triple 6s. Chaos Knight gets btfo, Imperial Knight goes on to rack up a final kill tally of one Chaos Knight, 2 Vindicators, 5 Chaos Terminators (the last of whom survived through a round of combat, only to get hit with two rolls of a 6 from the Stomp table - both feet!), a Contemptor Dreadnought (hilariously killed from 10" away with Stomps from a totally different combat), and the sorcerous Warlord. As a reward for his excellent service to the Golden Throne, I finally showed my Knight the business end of a paintbrush after many long months sitting in his black primer.

That's the blue and red platework finished, the gold merely basecoated, the metal carapace completely finished, and the cream areas with a barely-dry basecoat. Thermal Cannon is only basecoated in Leadbelcher - I originally planned to do it in the typical brass of Melta weapons, but went to Warhammer World and had a poke around the exhibition as is my wont and saw an absolutely stunning Imperial Fists Glaive super-heavy, and decided I just had to get hold of a steel tempering chart from work and give heat-strained metal a go.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Everyone gets lucky now and then. Especially the self righteous Imperium and their corpse emperor. Just remember, there really aren't any good guys in 40k. :D

oh yeah, nice paint job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts