Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what you people think the instruction is on the terminus decree. Only the supreme grand master of the grey knights knows of it's existence and only he is to read it aloud and even then only in mankinds darkest hour. It is said to be the salvation or the doom of mankind.
If you don't know what the terminus decree is THEN YOU ARE NOT WORTHY!!! But here's a link to lexicanum http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Terminus_Decree#.UOQpKidhic0

Let me know what you think???

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
"You just lost the game"

Grand Master Bobulus stared, baffled. He could not believe what he was seeing. A wave of despair washed over him, despite his rigorous training as a Grey Knight. He threw down his blade in despair and rage, unwilling to accept that he had lost the game.
That's what it says.

I checked.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like an early theory in the other thread. The GrandMaster, or some Terran high lord opens the box and reads aloud:

"The Terminus decree is such:

All must praise the Emperor. All shall praise the Emperor. all.
Then, do what must be done and remove the emperor's material anchor to this plane.

Destroy the Golden Throne.

Thus I decree, Malcador the Sigilite of Terra and the Imperium.
All hail the immortal God Emperor."

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I think quite a few in the Imperium subscribe to the theory of the Emperor resurrecting when the Golden Throne finally fails.

So I think the decree is basically that, the shutting down of the Golden Throne in the hope that the Emperor comes back to life at the most dire hour.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
So I think the decree is basically that, the shutting down of the Golden Throne in the hope that the Emperor comes back to life at the most dire hour.
They'd have a job getting past the Custodes to turn it off though. Also, what if he's on the other side of the galaxy when he decides the time is right to read it? My opinion is it has nothing to do with the golden toilet. Too many variables.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
They'd have a job getting past the Custodes to turn it off though. Also, what if he's on the other side of the galaxy when he decides the time is right to read it? My opinion is it has nothing to do with the golden toilet. Too many variables.
Quite certain the Custodes and the Grey Knights are buddies, given that the latter literally have parts of the Emperor inside of them and are immune to corruption.

Also, when all hope is lost, why not try anything? Surely the Custodes would see the logic in that.

Also the GK would undoubtedly be at the Palace of Terra alongside the Custodes in the final hour.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Quite certain the Custodes and the Grey Knights are buddies, given that the latter literally have parts of the Emperor inside of them and are immune to corruption.

Also, when all hope is lost, why not try anything? Surely the Custodes would see the logic in that.

Also the GK would undoubtedly be at the Palace of Terra alongside the Custodes in the final hour.
Not so sure about that, man. The 8 founders did abandon the siege of the emperor's palace to get to Titan, then chilled in the warp for a few hundred years.

I'd say that given their current fluff and the GKs' disturbing tendency to butcher millions of people at the drop of a hat, it's just as likely that the chapter would be fighting their way into the palace, sweeping aside Custodes in order to trigger whatever failsafe is built into the Throne.

I hazard that the Terminus Decree contains instructions to deactivate the Throne, which would free the emperor's soul and fulfill the Star Child prophecy. It's of course the very last thing most Imperials would want, including the GKs. It means the end of the Imperium. And yet killing the Emperor is the ultimate way to destroy Chaos forever. It's the ultimate last resort.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Not so sure about that, man. The 8 founders did abandon the siege of the emperor's palace to get to Titan, then chilled in the warp for a few hundred years.
Titan was shrouded in a spell meant to hide the planet from the Warp and Horus and it's other purpose was to bend time to allow the Knights to train. No one could leave or enter.

But the spell messed up somehow and ended after the Heresy. They were a fail safe encase the Emperor lost against Horus (though I don't see what a thousand of them could do regardless of their powers).

The Grey Knights have probably saved more lives than any other Chapter given their specialization. They are not as cold and merciless as many believe them to be. Their logic in the Emperor's Gift was sound.

Sacrifice a few million to save a potential ten billion. It's noble and yet bleak in a way.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
"The Terminus decree is such:

All must praise the Emperor. All shall praise the Emperor. all.
Then, do what must be done and remove the emperor's material anchor to this plane.

Destroy the Golden Throne.

Thus I decree, Malcador the Sigilite of Terra and the Imperium.
All hail the immortal God Emperor."
Oooh, 40k goosebumps! :)

I really can't decide which way I feel the Custodes would jump on that :unsure:

·
Registered
638 Posts
After reading First Heretic, I think the Terminus Decree could be something along the lines of an incantation throwing a message into the warp identifying the Word Bearers and Lorgar for Sanction at Monarchia.

As the avatars for Chaos drone on about, the Warp exists outside of time, to an extent. I imagine the Emperor has an understanding of this, but also understands the destruction that could be caused by mucking around with timelines, so would only be willing to use it when humanity is on the verge of extinction anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts