Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a pretty new player and I'm trying to decide wether to get a few Terminators or Havocs. They are bothe good and can be used against just about anything. Any suggestions?

·
4,491 Posts
Depends what you need in your list.

Do you need more close combat?
Do you need more fire support?

Terminators are a decent choice. I personally dont use them, but they are very viable in most fun and semi-competitive builds.

If you are needing more firepower though, i would recommend Obliterators over Havocs.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I concur with KoC, I have a squad of Termies in my AoBR set and feel pretty hampered by them already due to their pt value vs #/models/punch. My $.02 altho I'm sure it's going to change more with more gameplay. :grin:

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Why not both? After all one is heavy the other is elite so it's not like you have to chose one over the other. Especially since they do the complete opposite of each other.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've never bothered with Havocs. 3 Obliterators, a Land Raider, a Defiler and a Vindicator give me all the firepower I need :grin:.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Well, Havocs are inferior to Oblits I think, I ran two in a 1000pt game, against Space Wolves, with the Plasma Cannon they got beasted. Havocs don't have the same resistance, 6 Obliterators are far far better than 5 Havocs imo.

Terminators are great though :D

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
have a bit of both, chaos terminators aren't that expensive, and you don't really need to do much with them upgrade wise so they stay pretty cheap for what they are.

and Havocs may not be a popular choice, but its your army, so do what you want with them, myself IF I did chaos I'd guarantee my force to have 8 havocs with 4 autocannons, yummy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why not both? After all one is heavy the other is elite so it's not like you have to chose one over the other. Especially since they do the complete opposite of each other.
I am kind of on a real money budget. Otherwise you would be completely right. I cannot afford both.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
If you gave more information about the rest of your current/future army composition then ppl can give you a more in depth analysis of which selection would give you the biggest bang for you buck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you gave more information about the rest of your current/future army composition then ppl can give you a more in depth analysis of which selection would give you the biggest bang for you buck.
Fair enough. I have enough money to get one unit or the other, but not both. I have a force of marines and a havoc squad. I thought it would be nice to have a heavier fire base but the terminators could give my army some much need "go get it done quickly" types plus an assault base. That help?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts