Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Its almost epic. Theres just a few bad things missing, like the helmet is too small and therre is a hole in the back you can see, and the stomach seems too much like piping. But hell I'm never gunna make something that awesome!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm sure he's pretty happy and it took a fair amount of time and skill but whenever I see things like this all I can think is WHY?

Seriously, two grand on a suit of cardboard termie armour?

Go to the pub, there are women there!
I wanted to be an optimist and say, "Oh no I'm sure he has a girl and everything!"

Then I watched the video and realized... No... he doesn't...

Also, how's it possible to spend $2000 on bits of cardboard?

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Also wanted to say something nice, but then I read he has spent 2000$ on FUCKING CARDBOARD? o_O

*spits coffee on display*

Christfuck.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I dunno there's a chance of getting a girl pregnant or getting an STD or having her clean you out.

the worst cardboard is going to do is a cut your hand.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Havnt seen it before and I don't know what this lot above me are on about but looks cool. You guys thought that was cardboard it looked like molded plastic to me but I have no idea

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I think it is a fantastic effort. $2000 for a suit of termi armor that looks that good. I would pay that to have it on a stand in the corner of my loungeroom. Much better than my ex wifes $2000 fishtank setup that she never set up properly. How much have we all spent on our little plastic spacemen? I think the scorn is undeserved.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well it's foam. Still shouldn't cost $2000. I'd rather spend that kind of money on a 40k army (or three).

My ridicule stems mostly from the fact that when you're wearing this suit, you're essentially saying, "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!" And when people look, they'll come the inevitable conclusion, (and rightly so) "Virgin." At least I can hide my 40k armies. There's a correlation here: as the amount of 40k decreases, the frequency of sexual activity increases. :victory:

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
It is a bit pricy I guess but as I'm married and have no fear about finding a girl I might go out and build one of these :) that is cool.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think you are doing something wrong then, and if you hide your hobby from people thats just sad. ashamed of youreself much?
Not at all. I just don't see the need to advertise it to people who won't be impressed by it.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Other peoples attitudes dont effect me that much. I am who i am, and if they dont like it they can fuck off.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Jeez. Is everyone on this thread mad except me?

All I'm saying is, this $2000 terminator armor is an ill-advised cry for attention. It's the geek equivalent of buying a corvette. Except buying a corvette might impress some people, and it's certainly more useful than this terminator suit.

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
Not at all. I just don't see the need to advertise it to people who won't be impressed by it.
you sayd hiding it didnt you? that implies you go out of your way to prevent people finding out. that is what HIDING means.

as the amount of 40k decreases, the frequency of sexual activity increases
also a sad non truth

All I'm saying is, this $2000 terminator armor is an ill-advised cry for attention.
to be blunt. IT WAS NOT, all you where saying.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I sure wish I had $2000 dollars to drop on a glorified paperweight.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I like the idea, but maybe not as great as it could have been.

The painting looks poor. Weathering could have been done better. $2000 though seems a lot but then I dont know how much cosplay people are prepared to spend.

As for saying 'Hey look at me', surely thats the whole point.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
See... I took my girlfriend into GW the first day we met-up as friends and within our first six months she bought herself a High Elf army. How's that for correlation?

1 - 20 of 236 Posts