Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This list will be facing wolves and guard, so it has to be balanced to function. Here's what I cam up with:

(all have bp & cc wep combo)

EC-140
Accept any challenge

Crusaders- 223
9x initiates, power fist, flamer, rhino, EA, smoke

Crusaders- 233
9x initiates, power fist, flamer, rhino, EA, smoke, 1x neophyte

Crusaders- 237
9x initiates, power fist, meltagun, rhino, EA, smoke, 1x neophyte

Dread-165
ML, TLLC, venerable, tank hunter

The champion joins one of the squads and the crusaders rush forward, popping smoke and then unleashing hell before they charge. The dread is there to pop armour (from APCs to MBTs), and to be something that will be very hard to kill (more shots going at it-fewer shots going towards the rhinos). This seems simple to use and I could add FA, HS and Elites as needed as we increase the point level, as it has a solid core of troops.

What does the internet think of this list? any fellow templars out there willing to share some of their hard-earned wisdom?

·
Registered
16 Posts
This looks good the only thing I would change is take meltas instead of flamers specially if you plan on taking this list against SW and IG.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like the list, but the melta in every squad is a must! unless you are going to play orks, and even then u might want them seeing as you only have the potential to pop 1-2 tanks a turn. That is not going to cut it, even if you look at your list, 4 pieces of armor, u r gonna let 2 things go unmolested, and more if u roll bad with the dread. Just some food for thought though, as with that many troops u can take a beating, and dish one out!
I have found that Monsters are the biggest drawback for the templar, and meltas ease the burden on the troops a little.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so if removed a neophyte then I could upgrade the 2 remaining flamers to meltas. Aside from that do you think this list will work?

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's just my opinion yea but maybe you can replace the Dreadnought with 2 Land Speeders, each with a Multi-Melta and a Heavy Flamer, it would be 150 and then just get the Neophyte you removed.
I think that it would be better to Deep Strike them and then just crack the tanks from close and then burn the hell out of the IG or SW that are close enough to assault, it can be kind of suicidal but even then if they won't do any damage they would give you more time for your rhinos to get to the enemy, and if it does damage then it would be even better.
If you'll have a Dreadnought at the other side of the table the enemy won't give it a lot of attention... (well the IG does have a Marbo, but still :p)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts