Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I’m currently making a 500 point Astra Militarum army and I have a squad of 5 Tempstus Scions (One being a Tempestor). In this squad I have 2 with Special weapons (1 melta, and 1 grenade launcher). I know that for every 5 models in a Tempestus Scion unit, up to two models can have a special weapon. What I want to do is add 4 more models to my unit to bring my total army to 498 points. So my question is, since I have 4 more models in my Scion unit, can I add 1 more special weapon?

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
162 Posts
As verbatim, it states for every five models in this squad ( to a maximum of 10 in the squad) up to two models can take a special weapon instead.

If you take 9 models in the squad total, then you are one short of the required value as it is very clear. Unless a recent FAQ changes this then you would need a full squad ( 9 Scions and a Tempestor).

Sorry, but for clarification and depending on your opponent, then you would need to clear such an issue with either them or the TO if competing in a competition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts