Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
the photos arnt the best to be able to give you good enough critique..try take some better pic so we can take a closer look

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Personally I would paint the horns on the helmet a bone color and then find a spot color and add a touch of that in there, have you considered a light blue or a deep red just to add some contrast, what's the background of the force?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Outer space Space Darkness Fictional character Cg artwork

i also made that model about a year ago so im not up to date its just a rough draft but theres my inspiration i want to make an icy undead chaos army i plan on doing the blue source lighting on the eyes when i get my paints and stuff im just trying to figure out what colors to do the extra details in and to find out what to do to make a frosted armor effect
oh and i plan on doing daemon princes and other daemonic flesh like this

Jaw Tooth Fictional character Fang Fiction

and terrain/basing ideas i want it to look similar to the lich kings background in that cinimatic

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
other than painting the bones a bone color. You might want to dry brush the bottom of the cloak the frost base color as well like it has brushed up against rocks and stuff and gotten some frost, dirt on it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
You did a good job on the paint job, but I think the color scheme is very drab and monotone. Your Chaos Lord almost looks like a work in progress. You need to add more color to the model. Maybe make the skull on the shoulder pad either gold or bone, and maybe paint his cape red or some other color, or at least paint the fur a different color than grey. Even brown fur would add some color.
Paint the helmet horns and skull in bone color. Don't leave the claws as black, at least paint them metal. Add some gold or bronze to some of the weapons and hoses.
Add some sand to the plastic base showing and paint to match the stone he's standing on.
Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts