Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. As the big day is closing in (at the time of writing, it's two or three days, depending where you live), and I don't think that Christmas is an event that we just can ignore. It's too big of a thing not to talk about. Of course, we can twist the topic a little, so that it is largely 40k-related.

Here are the questions I want you to answer with truckloads of sincerity and joy:

What's on your wishlist? (I do particulary reffer to Games Workshop products, but not nessescarily).

What of it do you expect to get?

Didi you get it? (I think it's pretty obvious that you're not to asnwer this before you've opened any presents.)

And last but not least, wish everyone some happy holidays!

:biggrin:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well, I live on my own and my family doesn't really exchange gifts. However, my friends got me the City Fight book I think and my Roommate bought me a gift card to my local hobby shop.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Call me lucky or the opposite, but I ran into both my girlfriend and little brother buying me gifts. I know I'm getting a baneblade and a squad of assault terminators. I also asked my parents for a digicam, so I can start a painting blog (should help to get me painting).

·
Registered
811 Posts
this is what I am expecting

Baneblade (will become fellblade)
Black Templar chapter upgrade x2
Tac squad (will become custom converted Sword Brethren Veterens)

giant pile o Black library books, including Horus Heresy 4-6, deathwatch 1+2, ultramarines omnibus.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool.

On my wish list, I have a termie assault squad, a ravenwing squadron, an attack bike and a predator. I also want a load of CDs, some books, a few DVDs and some other stuff.

I expect to get the termies, the ravenwing and the attack bike, and possible the predator, maybe 4 or 5 of the cds, and a rahter random amount of things of the other stuff.

·
Registered
127 Posts
No GW stuff unfortunately. I found about Warhammer 40k about a week ago and I didn't put it on my list. I don't have any pieces yet.

What I know I'm going to get is Hot Rod on DVD (cool beans), a Zoo York Hoodie, Guitar Hero 3, and a Space Invader beanie. I also think I'm going to get a skateboard.

I want Rock Band, Assasin's Creed, The Orange Box, all the stuff above, an HDTV, some Zoo York shoes, Mass Effect, and money :) I'm a needy little teenager.

Hopefully I'll get started on Warhammer 40k after Christmas, and so will my freind. Wish me luck

Oh, and to anyone living in Phoenix, AZ, where do you go to buy your Warhammer 40k since there are no GW shops in AZ? The best luck I've had is a Hobby Bench with about 2 little cart thingies or Warhammer 40k.

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed are both really good games, but by this point you might as well wait a month or 2 and get them used. I'm of the school of thought that is you didn't pre-order it, you probably can wait for it. :-D

As for buying GW stuff, you really should be keeping your eyes on E-Bay. That being said, your local game store will probably be willing to order anything you need. If there's a serious shortage of game shops in your area, I'd highly recommend checking out the larger comic book stores, they'll likely have something to support their nerdy (more or less, who're you asking?) cousins the gamers.

That being said, I'll make a phone call to a friend who lived down there longer than I did, perhaps he has something better for me to tell you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mentioned above, Assasin's Creed is a game I REALLY would *like*.

Rest is heavily GW though:

-SM Battleforce
-Baal Pred
-Mephiston

And a few other things...I'm too old for Tonka Trucks and the like...Christmas isn't a big deal anymore. :so_happy:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I asked for ; a Leedsfest ticket, some cloths, a book and some money. After slyly peeling off little bits of wrapping paper i can safely say i got them all! :D
And the money is going strait in to a 'cron BF, Lord and Monolith

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hehe.. Just one more day to wait for me! I'm not as excited as I were five or ten years ago, but I still can't wait to get some additions to my Unforgiven!

I have planned to make a termie-chaplain, from scrach and by just using plastic bits, and I soooo look forward to build it! :D

I'll post some pics of it here when it's done. I just KNOW it will be awesome! :grin:

·
Registered
177 Posts
i'm gettin guitar hero 3 and 40k rule book and a bunch of cash

about assains creed to your best off waiting for it on the cheap i got it and loved every minute of it befor it went repetative but i loved it any how and cant wait for the sequel!!!!!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I had a list of 3 things on my 'list'

my own computer (desk top)

xbox 360

video camera

i think i'm gettin the 360:eek:k::grin:

merry christmas everbody:santa::gamer1::gamer2::drinks:

lets all get drunk and go square eyed on computer games

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, it's 01:10 am here, and I've finished opening presents and stuff..

And yay, I got (as good as) all the GW stuff I had wished for. The Termie squad, the Ravenwing squadron and the Predator. My parents forgot to buy me the attack bike, but I can't blame them at all. I'm damn happy anyways, and can buy it later, along with the Land raider. I can't wait to asemble and paint them all! =D

I got loads of other stuff in addition.

You guys, then?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got to open up some presents a little early :) I got a Zoo York hoodie, Hot Rod on DVD, an itunes gift card, a speaker pillow, a Pirates board game, and a fuel cell science project thingy, and I have a lot more to go!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Got the Battleforce, Mephiston and a Baal Predator for GW items. Now I have to build and paint them all plus Lemartes and 5 DC by the end of January.. :headbutt:

·
Registered
328 Posts
why January, and that sounds like a very large work load.

As for me, I got Daemon prince and wings, the new tools, Assassins Creed, more thousand sons and I hope to get all my chaos painted when I graduate in 1.5 years!:biggrin:

·
Registered
89 Posts
why January, and that sounds like a very large work load.

As for me, I got Daemon prince and wings, the new tools, Assassins Creed, more thousand sons and I hope to get all my chaos painted when I graduate in 1.5 years!:biggrin:

Hall of Heros tournament in Parry Sound, Ontario (Canada) is coming up on the 28thish. I want to use my BA army instead of my guard...just hope I get them all done by then :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts