Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am thinking about doing a techmarine army using the Clan Raukaan supplement. Now I'm not really into power gaming which is why I love this idea. The idea is to build a list themed around a space marine armory. So maxed out techmarines and even 3 thunderfire cannons. So my question to all is.....how would one go about building an army like this? It's not a very common army/list but could it be an effective army? I have some rough ideas for it already but would like my fellow 40K'ers thoughts as well

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
2 Masters of the Forge.

6 Techmarines (no FOC)

3 Thunderfire Cannons

6 5-man Tac squads. Put a techmarine in each squad. Give each squad a razorback.

Flavor with dreadnoughts (because, mechs!)

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Goodness, this is an awesome idea. Don't skimp on the vehicles, any decent armoury should include a predator or two and a few fliers.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Actually wish I would have thought of this first! Really like the idea. Going to have to agree with the above about vehicles. Also, a Knight (or 3) would be a perfect fit into your theme.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Master of the Forge

Master of the Forge

Techmarine
- Servo Harness

Techmarine
- Servo Harness

Techmarine
- Servo Harness

Techmarine
- Servo Harness

Techmarine
- Servo Harness

Techmarine
- Servo Harness

Tac Squad
4+1, ML, Razorback w/ TL HB

Tac Squad

Tac Squad

Tac Squad

Tac Squad

Tac Squad

Thunderfire Cannon

Thunderfire Cannon

Thunderfire Cannon

--- 1770 points

I tend to work in lists of 2k, so this gives you over 200 points to a) upgrade the MoFs if you want, and b) add more tanks... You could put a pair of Riflemen dreadnoughts into your elites, OR, because of how many HQ and troops, you could use a second detachment, which gives you 3 more Heavy support slots. Your tactical squads already have a variety of weapons thanks to a Servo Harness on the Techmarine who runs with each squad. This list is horribly lacking in anti-air, so you might want Stormtalons.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
This is an awesome idea! I just added a techmarine to my Imperial Fists cause I just love the model and concept so much. Good luck and see this through!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 2 thunderfire cannons, a couple of techmarines and 3 imperial knights already. Still trying to figure out which chapter to do though lol

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Might be the perfect time to come up with your "own" chapter. Just off the top of my head: Put random SM icons on the choulder of each techmarine so you have them from all the chapters. Your fluff could be that they are currently under going Mechanicus training, which is why they are from all different chapters in one place. The Knights you have, whatever house they are from, stopped over at the Forge world for repairs and that's why they are teamed up with your force.
The more I think about this, the more I think I'm going to steal your idea lol. (like I need another project)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts