Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I run a BA and a SW list in a 1k each team 2 man Team Tourney, does the blood chalice affect the SWs?

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
Our house rules say no. The reason we decided is because of the Ork KFF. The owner of the shop said that it would be too overpowered if the KFF affected allies. He is the one who plays orks BTW, so I have to give him credit for that.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Credit to that guy wqhere it is due. He's makign his army less effective in the intrest of fair play.

Anyway. People could swing both ways really and to know for sure you have to confrme things like this with the torny orginaiser/ref or evne your oppoents. I had a simular thing when my Blood Angels teamed up with normal amrines and we wondered if shield of Sanquinus with shield his men too?

For this case however i will say a reluctant no purly on the fluff as a chalice of blood will have no effect on normal marines other than "thoses guys are weird".

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, what's the wording for Blood Chalice?
Haven't read the BA codex yet, so I'm just fairly sure what it does, not how it works.

The KFF seems designed and worded to work for everyone in range, friend or foe. I for one play it that way.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
correct the BA codex entry for the blood chalice says all friendly units. Now if you look at the SW codex, Ragnar's war howl only effects SWs and Logands living legend only effects all friendly units. So I guess the question maybe how has logans ability been ruled in the past?

Edit: something also that maybe relevant is if you can an inquisitor and 2 mystics, entries from another codex, as allies they can allow a unit within 12 inches to fire at a deepstriking model(s).

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
You should just treat each army as it's own army who just so happen to not be shooting each other.

Anything else just smacks of gamesmanship.

Aramoro

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
A Team Tourney should keep things as separate armies, just to keep things less confusing. Otherwise things get weirder than a kissing contest at a family reunion.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In this same team tourny chaos demons can use csm icons to deepstrike w/o scattering. And as to gamesmanship everyone has the oppertunity to build a synergistic army. This is for a tourny, which should be fun but also build to win.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
In this same team tourny chaos demons can use csm icons to deepstrike w/o scattering. And as to gamesmanship everyone has the oppertunity to build a synergistic army. This is for a tourny, which should be fun but also build to win.
Letting Daemons DS onto CSM Icons is bent, really bent. But anyway.

Aramoro

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm convinced the best idea is, like others seem to agree with, to treat each armies references to "friendly" models and such seperate. Much like your rules wouldn't affect the enemy units, although you don't shoot your allies.

That said, there ARE rules which could be used, or exploited even, between allies. Rules that affect all models, say within x inches from the soure. The KFF is one. I'm fairly sure Fateweavers ability to make every invulsave within his aura rerollable would work too.

But like I said earlier, the actual game is for intent and purpose written for 1v1 games, so references to friendly models would be your own. Any actual teambattles need houserules, and the easiest here is to treat each army seperatly. :)

·
It looked great on paper.
255 Posts
They might be using the Adepticon INAT FAQ rules. Both of the questions in this thread are mentioned in that FAQ. It's how my local group plays every team tournament.

http://www.adepticon.org/wpfiles/inat/INATFAQv4.0.pdf

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
A local shop that runs a fair bit of team tournies has a rule that armies from the same codex may share wargear benefits but mixing codices may not. Encourages more cohesive pairings.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would be talking adepticon, and to say the gameroom is ur store =P, but they haven't updated the adepticon faq for this blood chalice question. It only references the chalice and mentions all friendly units.

just wanted to get an interweb opinion on this.

·
It looked great on paper.
255 Posts
I would be talking adepticon, and to say the gameroom is ur store =P, but they haven't updated the adepticon faq for this blood chalice question. It only references the chalice and mentions all friendly units.

just wanted to get an interweb opinion on this.
Guess I should pay attention to who the poster was. Get back to work you lazy ass.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I say yes it clearly stats in the codex "all friendly units within 6" get the rule. if you dont like it mail GW and tell them otherwise dude you free to do that all day cause i will be right there with you with my buddy and his "ying" to my "yang" so we have it figured out on how to destroy 10k armies.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts