Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking at adding a new Wolf Lord in TDA to my space wolf force (probably running him with the Black Death and a Storm Shield) and I'd like to join him with some TDA Wolf Guard, but I'm a little stuck with what to run them with. I was considering all single Wolf Claw and Storm Shield to maximise protection and wounding, but I'm not sure. At this point, they'll probably be teleporting in, as it's unlikely I'll be able to get a Land Raider before Christmas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
What I've done for my Assault TDA was to kit the 5 WG with the following:

1x Heavy Flamer and Chainfist
2x Chainfist & Storm Shield
2x Wolf Claw & Storm Shield

The key I've found with the Assault TDA squad is to use the Heavy Flamer (if within template range) to get a few S5 auto hits before charging in. Wolf Claws are now only +1S AP4 re-roll wounds which can be useful but having the Chainfist gives the potential to take out tanks with their x2S AP2 extra D6 armour pen rolls!

Placement is also key. Have the Heavy Flamer protected in the middle by the other 4 TDA with Storm Shields (5 if you include your Wolf Lord). That way he'll also "benefit" from the rest of the pack's Storm Shields. Pic below give you an idea but obviously have the front left Heavy Flamer swap position with the Chainfist TDA in the middle.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rest of the force is only a 10 man grey hunter pack, a ten man Blood Claw pack, a small unit of long fangs (magnetised, all options available) and a power armoured rune priest. Oh, and a couple of rhinos.

The chainfist idea seems pretty sound, as does the heavy flamer, I'll definitely look into that :)

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
How good are you at using a drill? You can cut the arms in half just above the elbow. Then you can magnitize a whole unit and swap things out.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I run a wolf lord in tda with frost axe leading a squad of tda wg, mine are equipped thus-

Assault cannon and power weapon to lay down some fire when they ds or come screaming out of the Stormwolf, using an ass cannon also means that I should still be in range if they scatter
2 with a wolf claw and storm shield
2 with thunder hammer and storm shield

I believe this load out means I don't have to worry too much about who I attack, I'll never be in a situation where I can't do sufficient damage

Hope this helps

My wolf lord, base unfinished, sorry for the bad pic

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts