Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the guns ablaze with heavy fire, the Y’vahra suit did not falter, and when it was almost certainly apparent that the massed fire will shred it to bits, the force shield activated it’s hexagonal pattern of flickering light, depleting the barrage of direct hits with impenetrable field.
Take a closer look at the model!

Would you like to see more cinematics effects on the models?

Get your miniatures painted by us!
Our Gallery
Sign-up for our WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
Painting tutorials

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Arrr! you went and messed up a wonderful paint job with the glow effect again. The chest to me is just over done. If the chest vents were done like the ones behind his head this would be a great piece and this is coming from someone that doesn't like Tau. Tone the glow effect down a little more and wow this would be great.

Would you like to see more cinematics effects on the model?
Heck yeah go for it. the flybase force shields are ok but lack something maybe if they had been heated and curved slightly or the shape changed a little it would have added a more dramatic effect. Bullet impacts on the shields could be another option. Because while they are painted nicely I'm not sure they add much to the model. They are just flying bases turned upside down and stuck on the model.

Still good paint just tone down the glow effect and little creativity with the shields and this would be a great display model.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I think @morfangdakka hit it on the head. This would have been a much better model without the over-glow and the shields. The force shields really still look like flying bases, or worse glowing mushrooms sprouting from his torso.

The explosion on the ground partly works. I think it's too red, so it looks like it has more to do with his suit glows than a blast in the ground. I think something dustier/smokier with more smoke would look more like an explosion.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for your commentaries and feedback - I'm aware that the our approach of OSL may not be to everyone's tastes - but the way we're doing it appear to some part of the community that much that they are outright asking for it (like in the example above or the Necron army we've shared recently), so how the models are done is always due to the customer's vision. We're painting also the armies without OSL if the customer wishes not to include the effect (f.e. our recent tyranids).

Also, thank you for suggestions regarding force shields. If we'd ever have the opportunity to do some similar effects in the future, we'll surely experiment with something new and see the results;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts