Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about a unit of three dual burst cannon suits, worth the 90 GBP?

Also, is BC the way to go, or Fusion Cascades? Assuming the suits don't underperform compared to other fast slots.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
They're a tricky unit, honestly. Larger model than the Crisis, probably around the same size of the new Broadsides. They have S5/T5, but you don't want Tau in CC anyway. I don't know if the new revised Taros updated the battlesuit, but the old version you MUST buy a battle system for them, meaning they cost even more, with the cheapest being a Blacksun (which is now stock on all battlesuits, so....)

Honestly, Burst Cannons are great for anti-infantry, and the XV9s are set up nicely for JSJ away from large hordes. Honestly, I think they're too large for running tank-hunter positions.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I use a full unit of 3 XV9s armed with dual Burst Cannons, but not on a regular basis. They are a fun, powerful unit, but they are definitely not worth the points. They should be taken as a fun unit only.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use a full unit of 3 XV9s armed with dual Burst Cannons, but not on a regular basis. They are a fun, powerful unit, but they are definitely not worth the points. They should be taken as a fun unit only.
90% of my games are dick-around for fun, so I might go this route if it's working out for you.

Has anyone seen some good scratch builds? Not that I don't love the FW models or want to pay for them, but I like the idea of having something no one else does.

Would you mind posting picks of the XV9 up against an XV8?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Sure thing! One of the models was missing parts so FW sent me a defected XV9 for free, which I then used to make a R'alai conversion.

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Warhammer Tau: Imperial Armour Vol 3, 2nd Ed "The Tauros Campaign" Part 3

This site seems to be fairly concise with them. Although expensive, the sound of the Phased Ion Gun to be putting out a ton of 24 Rending Shots should be able to quickly strip any light vehicle of its armour.

Sad news about the Tetra's, however, those Remora's are awesome.

I just hope someone comes up with a Drone Harbinger or similar to what was in Dawn of War. They were brilliant to abuse people with, but I'm not sure the mechanics would work as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Depends on your army. It's got synergy with my army because my army focuses on standing mostly still and pouring absolutely ridiculous amounts of fire into the enemy each turn, and that's something the Riptide does well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts