Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just reading a random page on lexicanum and stumbled on to some that made me chuckle to myself.

'Aun'taniel was a Tau Ethereal on the Tau colony of Ka'mais. When Hive Fleet Gorgon attacked Ka'mais in 075902.M41, an unexpected Necron fleet emerged from Ka'kais' dead moon and set about destroying the now outnumbered Tyranid ships. A day of celebration was declared on Ka'mais and Aun'taniel greeted the Necrons with great ceremony as they landed. Despite the welcome, the Necrons quickly slayed Aun'taniel and went on to harvest the planet.'

i can just picture him thanking the necron lord for the save but then telling him he'd better join the greater good or else, then proceeds to get disintergrated for his cheek. haha noob :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
this story is always the source of a good hearty chuckle... while i am no disputing the story as i have read and heard it before, i thought hive fleets stayed well clear of necs and their hidy holes

·
Registered
31 Posts
but isn't there a map in the back of the nec's codex showing a hive fleet going out of its way to avoid tombworlds?

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
This is one of the little excerpts that convince me that the ethereals are not the eldar, trying to cultivate the race, despite the similarities.

An eldar would never mistake a necron as "freindly"

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
The map is showing Tyranid fleets moving carefully round what looks like a dyson sphere, and it's commonly presumed that's the Outsider's prison- Tyranids don't target some tomb worlds but usually only because those worlds are dead ones as well. If the 'nids didn't go any where near any tomb world then a lot more planets in the Imperium would be safe from attack than are.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Tombworlds are generally completely dead, theres no reason to ever go near one if your a nid.

Tau are trying to cultivate successful relations with most factions, if anything it will make them successful in the future, plus if you have never met a necron how would you know they were homocidal maniacs?

Their 1st encounter with the imperium ended much the same way, then they won the damocles gulf crusade.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
I can just see the necron lord trying not to laugh as he powers up his staff...

Dumbasses... (Evil Grin) :laugh:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ah Tau...Noobs of the Galexy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts