Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I was in my 'local' games workshop for a 1000pt tournament, my ultramarines and I were doing very well. With my flame dread; Jammy my two tacts a drop pod a captin and an assult squad. After a while I hit a bump; Tau. I was up against a full crisis suit list a riptide and farsight. Every move I made was countered all the plasma, the deep striking and ignoring cover putting a huge dent in my strategy. After that battle, the tau player (purple tau guy as I call him) really began to get annoying, boasting about winning so many tournaments, I could tell the other players were agitated by this as well. So I put this question forward; How to table tau. And not just in any way, I wish to use my harlequin army I recently have began construction on. However my shadow seers won't do well with their veil of tears with all of the remove cover so can anyone help me build a list to beat tau?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
In a short period of time it gave stealth and shrouded. That was after 6th ed, before newest Eldar Codex.

Now the shadowseer must cast Veil of Tears on himself and then anyone who wants to fire against him must roll (2d6)x2. This is the 'range' that they can see.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I know when it WAS, and out wasn't a short time either.
It was in the Eldar 6th Edition FAQ V1.1 24/07/12.

But, back in June, seven months ago, Codex Eldar came out.
So it's not like an FAQ you might have missed, it's the Codex.

Before anybody says I'm being unduly harsh, what if he'd said he didn't think it was fair that Eldar don't have Flyers?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh it seems I mist that part in my codex :/ Should I use any fliers to back me up? Also would transport be good? Or will it just get shot up?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
We play 1,850 Points in our club.
One of my main opponents is Tau and I've yet to lose to him.
My current list is in the Army Lists Forum if you fancy a look at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts