Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first game ever will be this Wednesday with my brother (experienced, but no pro), his friend (pro) and me (n00b). Both of them are Eldar, and I am the Tau. We are basing our armies off a 1500 point system, and they both seem to be going with heavy fire, quality over quantity. I need a lot of help on constructing my first list from scratch, otherwise I would feel dirty taking someone else's. Im open to tips, too. I need all the help I can get.

Anyone up to the challenge? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
You'll need at least two squads of Crisis Suits, preferably with Multi-tracker, MP and PR. A Hammerhead or two with railgun, SMS and Multi Trackers are devestating. Bare minimum, of FW, no upgrades, and only 1 squad of six. Kroot need at least 7 Hounds. Piranhas are excellent for contesting objectives on the last turn, so make sure you go second. Broadsides aren't that great, so leave 'em out. Shas'El as opposed to Shas'o. 8 Pathfinders in a DevFish equipped with SMS is an excellent choice, as the marklights will prove invaluable.

Remember, Tau are a MOBILE army, not a static one, so make extensive use of that 12" movement. For the Greater Good!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just found out that I'm also going to be having two space marine players. Does that change anything?

·
Registered
40 Posts
If it was me i would most likely take a meched Tau army with lots of fire warriors (Strength 5 Weapons come in handy against marines). I make a firing line behind the Devilfishes, as you can fire from under them but can't be charged, then redeploy before the enemy gets to close to make it hurt. Use the Tau mobility to your advantage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts