Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently started played 40k again with my brother and started testing Tau against his Eldar.

Now this, in addition to us being n00bs at 40k :laugh:, has caused some rules questions and tactics questions.

First off the rules:

When Swooping Hawks use their swooping hawk grenade packs on a Tau Stealth Team, does the template scatter D6" as per normal or does the stealth field generator add in another D6" as though the grenade pack was a barrage weapon?

When using markerlights, does the target get cover saves from being hit by the lights?

Now for the tactics:

What is the best way to take down a Farseer/Warlock jetbike group that has fortune up ALL THE TIME!!! I feel like I just waste a whole shooting phase trying to kill 4 dudes so his whole army just bears down and destroys me.

What is the best strategy against Jetbikes?

Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Question 1, I believe it does, but I'm not 100% sure.
Question 2, As Markerlights are not a 'wounding' attack, I don't think cover saves are allowed.

Tactics: Put a markerlight on them and open up with Burst cannons. Rate of shots outweights strength of shots in this case. Throw enough mud at a wall and it will eventually fall down from the weight of mud.

Either that or just bog him down with Kroot.

Aspect warriors are nice targets for Vespids. The one use Vespids have in my eyes. However, a Tau Flying Circus is a strong opponent without being cheese, so get your Railheads and Devilfish out, and go out tanking.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Feed sacrificial units to a "rock" unit and put strength of fire into them if you have to shoot. Rerollable 3+/4++ saves are tough when you have no anti-psy, and the unit is fast, but they take their time chewing through things, and at 45+ points a warlock (really more like 55) they're paying comparable points to a suit.

Try to minimize the damage that they do while preventing the rest of their army from doing anything. Remember that you really need to deny them their bike save, since a rerollable 3+ save is going to bounce stuff all day. You have a 1/9 chance of getting a wound of ap4 or worse through, versus a 1/4 of ap3 or better. Granted, you don't really want to get close, and dropping a pie plate is still a better idea than dropping a solid shot on them, but it's something to remember.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts