1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This battle was fought 21/2 weeks ago, and first posted on another site

Battle report- Cossacks vs Tau.

Recon, gamma. 1850pts.

Tau set up my rt to left--12 Tau inf, hammerhead, 3 sniper drones, 12 Tau inf, 6 stealth, Eretheral, 3 sniper drones, 3 crisis suits w/hq, 6 stealths, 12 Tau inf, hammerhead, 3 sniper drones, 12 Tau inf.

Cossacks set up my rt to left-- tornado, tornado chaplain attached to 6 bike squad, pred, RB HBs, 5 tacticals w/ml, 6 bikes, pred, dread, 3 ABs MM elite TH. ( 2 Pods in reserve with HtH weapons 9 and 8 men, and Librarian).

Turn 1-Cossacks both tornados up 12" followed by chap and bikes. Pred 6" left. 2nd pred rotates left. Miss all shots on hammerheads, tornados blow away far rt. Tau inf.

Tau move up stealths and hammers. Lose LS, RB, and both preds are immobilized.
Stealths make 2nd move foward.

Turn 2-Cossacks Lib. pod drops in perfectly where it can only take fire from front while landing between 5 Tau units. LS 12" foward while chap and bikes turbo behind enemy forces and still in cover. 6 center bikes move up to assault stealths who advanced to far. ABs 12" foward followed by dread. Fear causes NO panic he passes all saves at 7 or less. ML stuns rt. side hammer. Bikes assault and destroy stealths but get stuck in open.

Tau reposition some units and destroy bike squad and 2 ABs.

Turn 3- Cossacks land 2nd pod next to first they shoot up sniper drones in center. Both preds open fire while immobilized and take out both hammers. Dread shoots up far left Tau inf. 1st pod shoot up Tau inf, Fear causes 3 tau units off of the board. Chaplain and bikes assault Tau inf and sniper drones and wipe them out.

Tau player cedes game with only Ereatheal, crisis suits (shot up) and last stealth unit left.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Cossacks are a Successor chapter to the white scars. However after playing some str8 up games as WS found that I didn't have enough scoring units. So using traits I kept Swift as the wind but thats it. It allows me to use my biker army and the rest of the marine arsenal without penalty.
The cossacks are steppes people from Poland and Russia not Mongols. They basically fight from the saddle. The army is painted red for troops and white for elite Vet sgts and all officers. They also wear the WS emblem on the shoulder pad in tribute to their founding chapter.

RB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts