Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right so i can't seem to find anything in particular on this so i thought i'd ask; although i'm aware they're not the greatest of units in the codex, i don't understand why so many people discount the vespid, in the old codex they were quite useless really due to the fact they didn't benefit from markerlights but now they do so personally i reckon they should get a little more credit at least especially now they can boost their BS to make the neutron blasters more effective

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Vespid are a perfectly nice choice. I think they're a pretty good choice, but there's a pervading attitude amongst Tau players to stick to the really obvious 'Missilesides, Pathfinders, O'mmortal and Riptides' list.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I disliked them because thwy were
A overshadowed by the riptide... Although what isn't?
12" range and mediocre assault stats... Means if you don't wipe the enemy unit you could be in trouble...
I stick to my old views :(
Old habits die hard :)

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Kiro touched on a point there with 'old habits'. While Chaos Spawn have pretty much shrugged off their stigma, Vespid are still tainted by their past as one of the worst units in the game (which is, I think, why Eldar lists very rarely include Shining Spears or essentially any of the Aspects).

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Also don't think it helps that old Tau players won't have any models due to their previous rules, and there isn't much incentive to buy them.

New rules aren't bad, but the models are pretty lacklustre and expensive for what you get.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
This. They aren't a bad unit choice nowadays, but the minis are awful. Maybe they'll get new sculpts in the next codex. If they are nice you can guarantee you'd see more on the table almost over night.
I think the sculpts are ok, but £25 for 5 rather static and dull figures is way too much when i can get 10 multi-pose pathfinders with tons of options for a fiver less.

If they brought out a vespid box that was anywhere near as good as the chaos raptor kit i'd snap them up.

·
Ranty ranter!
2,262 Posts
They're Fast Attack. They're overpriced.

They are paying out the nose for a schizophrenic statline with useless crap like extra initiative, they really are just a forgettable choice.

An anti-MEQ unit can never be both more fragile and more expensive than the MEQ they are designed to kill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts