Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
It looks to me like they got the gun placement a little off, the shoulder gun should be mounted to the front of the waist for a proper D weapon :grin:

Nasty looking piece to add to the Tau's ever growing arsenal. That massive gun seems awfully short range at least (looks like the D only has a 10" range...which I guess is well above average I can't stop..) but that double-tap rule when you forgo your movement is pretty ripe. Don't want to move with your Tau super-model? Get to shoot twice! I guess this is what GW intends when they try to balance their models (was that too much? :laugh:).

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to stop now. I'm calling your mommy.

Personally I think it's meh. Beyond meh. It's got too many varying ranges, it has missile launchers that fire Fire Warriors shooting their pulse rifles, a crappy destroyer weapon, and it's only 3++.

For 400 you can give it a Shield Generator, park it in the back, use the giant ordinance gun and fire repeatedly with it. That's the only use I see for it, personally. just... meh.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
For 400 you can give it a Shield Generator, park it in the back, use the giant ordinance gun and fire repeatedly with it. That's the only use I see for it, personally. just... meh.
Thankfully for my troops, the ordnance blast isn't barrage-type.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
So I guess it means that the Riptide will become a gargantuan as well in the next codex, as it's the same body.

Jesus, why don't they just remove saves and wounds already. What's the point if every army gets to ignore them at this rate.
Those poor Riptides were far too easy to kill. Not like that overpowered Skarbrand fella. :laugh:

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
So I guess it means that the Riptide will become a gargantuan as well in the next codex, as it's the same body.

Jesus, why don't they just remove saves and wounds already. What's the point if every army gets to ignore them at this rate.
Honestly it's just an unfortunate progression of the *give armies a massive model* thing that started a few years ago. It creates an arms race - or lack there of with the Stormsurge - for each edition and new model to out do each other/be balanced. It's a trend that I'm not fond of. My hope is that it gets moved over to LoW, one of the problems with the Riptide I had was that it's available as a slot that you can take multiple - same with the Wraithknight last Eldar Codex - having the ability to spam such models to me isn't good. So hopefully this and the Riptide get moved over to LoW but I doubt it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
This thing at least is a LoW. I'm betting there will be an awesome Formation that allows you to spend more money, heck maybe it will even give them Skyfire.
You can take them in units of three though! :(

I'm hearing about major tournament making a cap of 1 GMC or superheavy LoW, so it would be interesting to see how they deal with this

1 - 20 of 44 Posts