Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
another fucking superduper shootatyou mega armour for tau? well that's new...
reminds me of the deredeo (aka compensator) dreadnought

·
Closet Dictator
3,429 Posts
The giant model arms race continues, as 40k turns slowly into 40k scale epic, marines on 32mm bases next year it will be 5 tac marines on a sinlge base lol

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

·
Closet Dictator
3,429 Posts
Big models were once a novelty or fine centre piece to an army, now a must have item for even small games, not a bad thing completely but really taking thinking out of the game, "...grunt bring big shooty thing...grunt..win"

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Further rumors were listed that this guy will be modular, with other shoulder weapon options and possibly other arm options also. It will actually come pre-built with magnet holes.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
NO forgeworld! your doing it wrong!

You need to make it HARDER for people to use Gundam models for the tau! not easier!

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Further rumors were listed that this guy will be modular, with other shoulder weapon options and possibly other arm options also. It will actually come pre-built with magnet holes.
While I won't be getting the model it's this part that interests me. I also read somewhere the Mastodon has something similar.

·
Registered
526 Posts
TAKE MY MONEY!!!
Love that thing, proper army centrepiece model... Cant wait to see the stats, I bet the letter D is involved... \o/

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
What I read was that the stats weren't finalized. There was talk of modular weaponry, like I said. The Ion cannons of course will probably be similar to the Riptide, but with higher volume of shots. The SUPER guns are probably ordinance, but there are two shoulder mounts (that 3-piece gun uses both mounts and stretches across the back). There's talk of massive missile pods, AND an arm-mounted giant missile launcher as well.

Burst Cannons will probably be point defense, and smart missiles are smart missiles.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
And how many of us didn't think Tau would go in this direction with Super-Heavy Walkers and Titans? I guess anything is possible nowdays. I think I see on the horizon a new Tyranid Bio-titan and a Dark Eldar Knight-sized Cronus Engine or a Super-Heavy grotesque.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts