Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - I'm a relatively new player in the WK40k Universe so bear with me I'm trying my best to adhere to the rules here. I've played Tau for about a year now and I really like shooting things to pieces but after being torn to pieces in close combat I thought it would be nice to start a polar army with the Tyranids. I just recently picked up the Tyranid Battleforce Pack and I can't wait to start putting them together and I'm waiting to buy the codex in-case GW releases a new one soon. (I've been hearing rumors of such a release, so I just want to hold off for now)

So with the battle force pack I know I probably wouldn't want to just run them as is.
16 Termigaunts, 16 Hormigaunts are good but I can see them getting wiped out pretty quick.
3 Tyranid Warriors (which I guess I could convert one to Prime as HQ; are their tutorials on this?)
8 Genestealers ( I heard these guys took a nasty hit in the last codex and aren't quite as effective)
3 Ripper Swarms (Don't know enough about these guys)

So with as much as this pack gives me I still feel kind of naked as a Tyranid player (especially knowing what kind of weaponry Tau brings to the table) I'm thinking I'll want a Tervigon, extra Termigaunts, and a Hive Tyrant. What would you suggest as my next move?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
it all depends on the table and the amount off terrain that you use..if you use very little in the way of terrain well nids are boned if they dont get first turn...i personally use all H/guants i love them but they die fast and thats fine..thats their job..target saturation. too many targets..so while people are wasting game turns shooting at little bugs your big bugs have more time to get into postions.

i personal preference for me is twin mawlocs..their big blast attacks can really mess up any shooting gun line army..
also the doom in a can is must!! he will lay wast to the tau gun line

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Tervigons. They poop gaunts... I'm playing a mini tourney with my brothers right now, and in the last game he got more than fifty gaunts from two of them! Although you have an equal chance of getting, say, eight (which has happened too) the on average fifteen gaunts per is pretty nice... After that, gargoyles are fun and good in large numbers, warriors aren't great but will probably get better, flyrants are king...

I would really wait another month and play tau til then, then when the new codex comes out bone up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
so I picked up the new codex and a few other models for my collection and I was wondering if the list below would be effective and perhaps what I could change?
1250 New Tyranids
HQ
Hive Tyrant (Wings, 2x TL Brain Leech Devourers, Regeneration, Old Adversary & Hive Commander)

TROOPS
30x T-Gants (Adrenal & Toxic)
Tervigon (Crushing Claws, Cluster Spines)

ELITES
Venomthrope x 1

Heavy Support
Trygon Prime (Adrenal Glands, Maw Claws, Regeneration)
Carnifex (Crushing Claws, Regeneration)
I think this looks like a fun 1250 MC list but I do feel like it's lacking... It might come down to play testing but any thoughts would be great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts