1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
At least its only 2 small bits of errata that would only confuse people not using common sense rather then a 12 page 'crap, we screwed up all the rules' FAQ.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
At least its only 2 small bits of errata that would only confuse people not using common sense rather then a 12 page 'crap, we screwed up all the rules' FAQ.
Yes I would have said that 2 things is quite an improvement.

·
Registered
432 Posts
It's what appear to be 2 pretty minor issues - I've not got my book to compare, but it looks like the first one is a clarification more than anything. The 2nd presumably actually changes something (if the note wasn't there, presumably any unit could take missile drones). So compared to the DA errata with missing equipment etc etc it seems pretty minor.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
So compared to the DA errata with missing equipment etc etc it seems pretty minor.
So far . . .

Hope it stays that way.

Knows it probably wont. . .:(

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I've read about a mistake regarding Multi-trackers.

Are we to assume that all Suits come with Multi-trackers? As it's listed in the wargear rules but no points are provided at the suit wargear list.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've read about a mistake regarding Multi-trackers.

Are we to assume that all Suits come with Multi-trackers? As it's listed in the wargear rules but no points are provided at the suit wargear list.
No need to assume - it's stated explicitly in the page detailing the different armour types.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
They probably didn't want to put too much into the new FAQ so as to not give away the content of their shiny new book.
That they never printed enough of!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
First week FAQ's regardless of the reason = *facepalm*

Step your fucking game up GW, this just pathetic, you can say all the "we strive to make our codexs perfect" crap you want but really the speed of which you've released FAQ's for the last two Codex's is just embarrassing. They've been in business how long and they are making these basic mistakes?

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
First week FAQ's regardless of the reason = *facepalm*

Step your fucking game up GW, this just pathetic, you can say all the "we strive to make our codexs perfect" crap you want but really the speed of which you've released FAQ's for the last two Codex's is just embarrassing. They've been in business how long and they are making these basic mistakes?
One of the last 2 codexes was Daemons which still has no FAQ.

And shit happens. With this express speed at which their releasing things I expect early books to have more mistakes because they're getting less time being looked over for mistakes. At least GW is owning up and fixing them immediately when they realise the problem (likely when looking at the first run of books) and fixing it on the release. I like them doing that over waiting 6 months to a year to go "Our bad, the book is really supposed to say THIS."

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
One of the last 2 codexes was Daemons which still has no FAQ.

And shit happens. With this express speed at which their releasing things I expect early books to have more mistakes because they're getting less time being looked over for mistakes. At least GW is owning up and fixing them immediately when they realise the problem (likely when looking at the first run of books) and fixing it on the release. I like them doing that over waiting 6 months to a year to go "Our bad, the book is really supposed to say THIS."
I think what you'll find too is that GW has had the book at the printers MONTHS before the release and errors or omissions are found in between the print run and the release so it's not as it seems that the book is released and then they find errors but rather that errors where found but the corrections couldn't be made in time.

What it comes down to is: Fast - Perfect - Cheap : Pick 2

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
I think what you'll find too is that GW has had the book at the printers MONTHS before the release and errors or omissions are found in between the print run and the release so it's not as it seems that the book is released and then they find errors but rather that errors where found but the corrections couldn't be made in time.

What it comes down to is: Fast - Perfect - Cheap : Pick 2
Exactly. The future runs of the books will be better.

And please for the love of all that is good and holy please have no one start a price bitching spree. We do NOT need more of those on the internet. Learn to budget and quit bitching that your luxury isn't priced like food from Taco Bell.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Exactly. The future runs of the books will be better.

And please for the love of all that is good and holy please have no one start a price bitching spree. We do NOT need more of those on the internet. Learn to budget and quit bitching that your luxury isn't priced like food from Taco Bell.
Right well in the interests of politeness I won't make a couple of comments I was going to.

I will however say this: As a collector not a gamer, when GW produces one of these new hardback codex's that IMHO is actually worth the price tag I will buy one, until then no. FW books I think are worth the price tag in comparison.

I'm not bitching about price necessarily I'm saying they are not worth what they are.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts