Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, my bro swears tau have a elite version of firewarriors in the HQ slot- sort of like company vets but tau.
I know we had them in the old codex if you tool an etheral, but I can't see them now- am I blind or is my bro retarded(true anyways but on this particular matter is he)

·
Embrace the Insanity
1,159 Posts
Ethereal could take a squad of Firewarriors as bodyguard and they had I think +1BS. I don't know if they still can in the new Codex.

But there is the Cadre Fireblade who is a special character that I think takes up a HQ slot. He can join Firewarrior and Pathfinder units to give them various upgrades. That could be what he is referring to.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, he said it was a actual team, I knew about the old codex, so he's just retarded, thanks

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
am I blind or is my bro retarded
The two are not necessarily exclusive.

As to the question, no, taking an Ethereal does not give the option to take a suped-up Fire Warrior Squad.

Stubborn, 12" Leadership Aura, and Invocation of the Elements replace this rule (specifically, Storm of Fire).

Incidentally, combine an Ethereal with a Fireblade for 4 Shots in a shooting phase at half range; quite nice with a Pathfinder squad with a Pulse Accelerator. Shame there isn't one for a Fire Warrior Squad.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Ranty ranter!
2,262 Posts
It was the Fire Warrior Honour Guard from the 4th ed. codex. They don't exist anymore. I believe they used to get +1 BS, Ld and I for no (?) extra cost, however you could only take them as retinue for an Ethereal.

A Fire Warrior squad joined by Cadre Fireblade in the 6th ed. codex is a bit similar, so that's probably his confusion.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the 4th ed if you took a etheral you could take firewarrior team with +1 BS and +2 pts/model

1 - 7 of 7 Posts