Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend takes a drone controller and two shield drones on his crisis suit commander and broadsides. Can he do this?

In the tau codex the drone controller states "a model with a drone controller must take one or two gun, marker, or shield drones in any combination in any combination from the war gear list. But in the crisis suits armory it states no wargear my be selected twice.

I read the drone controller as the model that takes the controller may select up to two but must select at least on drone in any combination of the following shield, marker, and gun. So who's right?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
he is legal with this as you have a Drone controller under the systems section. There is also a Hard wired version in the wargesr which doesn't use up the max 3 systems. Perfectly legal..tho i wonder why he would have 2 Drones on each as now they have a majoraty toughtness of 3 and may run away befroe you can ever halm a single battlesuit.
I personaly give a Shield drone in each unit to my Shas'ui

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All so if he takes a burst cannon and a flamer can the crisis suits fire both in the same shooting phase. cuz most models that have two weapons to fire can't normally fire both or do crisis suits have a special rule to do that

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Yes you are right chromedog.

Most Battle suit teams would eaither have one or ther other equipment.

1 - they would be Twinlinked weapons(like Missile pods) and eaither a Drone Controller each, Invunrable save or Targettign array.
2 - 2 diffrent weapons an Multi-tracker

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ah but if he has a multi-tracker (most loadouts include this or the HW version) and a target lock he can shoot both weapons at different targets choosing to assault either one after firing

·
Registered
231 Posts
Actually as I understand it with a multitracker and target lock the suit can shoot at two different units and assault a third(although why would they?)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
you could do better if you were a shas'o and a few shield drones

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well the way the drones work is that they are an add on to the squad. Taking HW drone controller is 0pt. and it does not count against number of wargear. In fact a squad of suits can technically have 6 drones- two drones each suit. But the rule is that u can only have two drones per unit max. Same with squad units, a shas'ui fire warrior is the only unit in the squad that can take a drone controller thus u can only have two. The HW multi tracker is a must for almost all suits it allows u to fire both weapons in the same turn but not a third. You cannot stack multi trackers to fire a third weapon. The target lock does not allow you to fire seperate weapons at different targets. It allows a squad of units to separate shots. Since squads have to shoot at the same target it allows u to divy shots. For example if u have a dual burst cannon unit and a dual fusion unit the unit with fusions can fire at a tank while the burst cannons shoot at an infantry unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts