Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It says you must take three weapons, and a TW weapon counts as 2. But, TW means it acts as a single weapon, so when I fire two weapons, do I choose between, say, a Plasma Rifle and a Fusion Blaster, or a TW Fusion Blaster?

Thanks,
DestroyerHive

·
Registered
592 Posts
If you take two Plasma Rifles, for example, it counts as a single twin linked one.
If you take two Plasma Rifles, and a Fusion Blaster (if that is possible), you choose wether you want to fire the Twin Linked Plasma Rifle, or the Fusion blaster.

You could also buy a multi-tracker (I think that's what it's called) and opt to fire both the Twin Linked Plasma Rifle and the Fusion Blaster.

Hope this cleared the confusion.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So a tw weapon DOES count as one, single weapon?

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
Yes a twin-linked weapon counts as one weapon but it takes 2 hard points on the suit to make it a twin linked weapon meaning you have one left.

If you take a multi tracker you can then take 2 single weapons and you can them both with the multitracker (you cannot go 2 twin linked weapons and a multitracker as you only have 3 hard points and thats it).

·
Registered
860 Posts
I though battlesuits had to have 2 weapons systems and 1 support system. Not have 3 weapon systems and then another hard point for a support system. Don't crisis suits only have 3 hard points

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is the possibility to fire a twin-linked + a single weapon, but only with a hard-wired multi-tracker.
The following models have acces to this:

-Both versions of the commander (although there is no reason I can think about to twin-link a Shas'O)
-The Shas'Vre honourgard of the commander.

- The Teamleader or Shas'Vre of an ordinary XV8 or XV88 Squad

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, great, thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts