Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I have been tied up with work and unable to catch up on my 40k Lore I was having a discussion with a freind at work over the new 6th Edition Codex being released on E-Books. During this discussion the topic of the normal Tau Army Codex came up, and what the differences were between it and the Farisght Enclave Supplemental Codex that was recently released.

After a short read I understand it features additional scenario's, rules, and new HQ Battlesuits for use in the field. Beyond that does it introduce new Tactics, Options for Tau players? Does it beef up any particular units, introduce new units beyond the HQ Battlesuits? Do the rules bring any twists to the game that may make it more interesting/boring?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Farsight Enclaves has a few new options.

1. New Warlord Traits.
2. New Signature systems. You may not take C:TE Signature systems, only Farsight Signature systems. The Earth Caste Pilot Array is a major item, because it makes Riptides godly. And yes, in Farsight, Ritptides can take Signature Systems.
3. Crisis Suits can be Troops. In fact, you must have one three man squad of Crisis Suits in a Farsight army. They can not be Elites.
4. Any model that can take a Bonding Knife in Farsight, must.
5. Farsight models gets Preferred Enemy (Orks) in CC.
6. No Shadowsun or Aun'va.
7. The Eight are now unique Special Characters. In a Farsight army, if you take Farsight as your Warlord, then you may purchase any of the Eight as part of his bodyguard, but because each is an IC, they can detach and spread out. In some places, this is the only way to get some of the Signature Systems from the main book. None of the Characters have anything unique, but they do have interesting set ups. Their Riptide, for instance, is over 300 points.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Farsight Enclaves has a few new options.

1. New Warlord Traits.
2. New Signature systems. You may not take C:TE Signature systems, only Farsight Signature systems. The Earth Caste Pilot Array is a major item, because it makes Riptides godly. And yes, in Farsight, Ritptides can take Signature Systems.
3. Crisis Suits can be Troops. In fact, you must have one three man squad of Crisis Suits in a Farsight army. They can not be Elites.
4. Any model that can take a Bonding Knife in Farsight, must.
5. Farsight models gets Preferred Enemy (Orks) in CC.
6. No Shadowsun or Aun'va.
7. The Eight are now unique Special Characters. In a Farsight army, if you take Farsight as your Warlord, then you may purchase any of the Eight as part of his bodyguard, but because each is an IC, they can detach and spread out. In some places, this is the only way to get some of the Signature Systems from the main book. None of the Characters have anything unique, but they do have interesting set ups. Their Riptide, for instance, is over 300 points.
:goodpost:

Pretty much sums it all up. However;

None of the Characters have anything unique, but they do have interesting set ups.
Interesting is one word for it...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So just for kick let me pose this question to you Xabre? If you can take Crisis Suits as Troop choice now could you, ideally, have an entirely Mechanized Army. Could you run a sort of BattleMech/Gundam style assault group focusing on Fast Attack Mechanized Walkers with a mix of Broad Swords/Fire Warriors to engage the enemy?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Exactly. Crisis suits as troops, broadsides as Heavies, Riptides as Elites. If you allow FW, you can add XV9s as Fasts.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn that makes for a sexy combination. Too bad you cannot probably use these rules in Tourneys.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Well, technically Farsight is completely legal by GW. So nothing stops you there. It's only the Forgeworld stuff that becomes iffy. I have a bunch of lists that I've posted on the forums where I'm working on Battle-suit heavy lists... Hazards, R'Varnas, Crisis, etc... as few 'fleshy' units as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts