Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stunlock-The style of play where you aim to stun/shake all enemy vehicles on each turn.

In this day and age of 40k it seems that the only competitive build is tank spam,be it chimeras or razorbacks.I purpose a simple but effective counter.

the average Razorwolf army has 6-7 Razorbacks 2-3 Squads of long fangs.Razorbacks have armour 11-11-10 so all you need is a Str-6 or 7 weapon with 3-4 shots.

Here is some mathhammer.
My razorback with TL assault cannon fires at your las/plas razorback.I put off 4 shots at 24 inch range.Most deployment is 12inchs up so that gives me a 36 inch threat range.Any ways I shoot 4 shots with a 33% chance to hit on 4 shots with a reroll so lets just say 4 shots hit.I need 5 to glance 6s to pen.lets say I get 1 glance on average on a 5 your weapon is destroyed on a 6 you cant move and on a 4 or lower that vehicle cant shoot for a turn.

So you see how this works you stun all the vehicles rendering there weapons useless then your other units like your devestators,long fangs or whatever are free to shoot at anything without fear of getting shot at next turn.eventually you will start to rack up KP if your opponent cant move or shoot he cant fight back...right.And enough glances/pens you will start to get kill points there.

if your opponent starts to move up disembark then you just shoot them with your anti-infantry units.

when playing a stunlock list armies to look out for are armies that are uncommon like land raider spam,nob bikers,Dual jet councils.blob guard and tyranids.

this style of play will probably work well against dark eldar depending on what they get with such low Armour valued vehicles it could be devastating for them.

This build works well for eldar,tyranids,Mech Marines and almost any other army except daemons.

·
Registered
324 Posts
yes, this is a very useful, if relatively well known tactic. It's also called 'suppression fire', and is the reason why autocannons for example are so good. In fact, some (maybe even most) armies MUST rely on it in order to be able to compete. Eldar and Tyranids mainly come to mind, for various reasons; but even in a vanilla marines list, you NEED supression fire in order to be able to get your melta to bear.

Still though, it's nice to have it written down for those who don't know about it

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Except that his lasplas razorback might get to shoot before you and blow you up! for the same points, I'd rather have the lasplas and go for the throat.

·
Registered
104 Posts
And for such reasons, the Emperor created heavy weapon teams :wink: Blessed be his immortal soul.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
And for such reasons, the Emperor created heavy weapon teams :wink: Blessed be his immortal soul.
You mean those T3 instadeath friendly units with no fodder models at all, that are target prio nr 2 right after the company command squad in the IG army?

Regarding the topic:
A few stuns here and there from ranged shooting is a solid and vital part of the game. Trusting fully on 12 inch AT is like trusting on Firewarriors for Close Combat:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts