1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ
Autarch
TROOPS
4 Units of 5 Dire Avengers in Wave Serpent with TL Scatter, Shuriken Cannon, & Holo-field.
FAST ATTACK
2 Units of 2 Hornets each with 2 Pulse Lasers
HEAVY SUPPORT
2 Fire Prisms with Shuriken Cannon.

What armies would give this build the most problems and why?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
HQ
Autarch
TROOPS
4 Units of 5 Dire Avengers in Wave Serpent with TL Scatter, Shuriken Cannon, & Holo-field.
FAST ATTACK
2 Units of 2 Hornets each with 2 Pulse Lasers
HEAVY SUPPORT
2 Fire Prisms with Shuriken Cannon.

What armies would give this build the most problems and why?
Anyone with large amounts of ignores cover - other eldar, chaos etc.
You're really low on troops - I know they're in serpents, but if you lose a serpent, you'll lose most of the squad inside too and whats left won't be able to do anything other than cower on an objective.
Whats the autarch for? Could you swap him for a farseer? You could use him to buff both prisms.
Although it is only 1500 points and that is a lot of armour for that points level. Although I could easily get in 6 squads of MSU Noise Marines behind an aegis and 2 heldrakes with about 400points to spend on extras.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like the list! I have been tinkering with something like this... especially considering the hornets...

I would skim of the shuriken cannons from all your tanks and try to add a jetseer! I would use him to cast prescience and guide on the hornets as everything else is twin-linked or blasts...

With the psychic powers you can get 16 twin linked str 8 ap 2 shots from the hornets and that should give flyers something to worry about!

I would rate this as a hard list! I would not use it in friendly/fun pick up games... But i would have no problem trying it in a tourny!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I would skim of the shuriken cannons from all your tanks and try to add a jetseer! I would use him to cast prescience and guide on the hornets as everything else is twin-linked or blasts...

With the psychic powers you can get 16 twin linked str 8 ap 2 shots from the hornets and that should give flyers something to worry about!
This +1.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a themed if not fluffy army sort of corsairish until their update comes out. So no wraith, psykers, allies, and only DA for aspects. The Autarch is the nearest stand in for the Pirate Captian.
I have found that anything on a jetbike will get all the enemy Str 4 shots that are useless against the rest of the army. The only survivable build is a mantleseer on jetbike and this would require me to give up all 6 Shuriken cannons and 2 holo-fields. I think this trade off is not worth it as the loss of firepower cuts into crowd control and loss of holo-fields makes troops too exposed.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Next time if you have a theme in mind, put it in your OP - that way people will be able to make more accurate suggestions :)

Why only DA for troops? Guardians and rangers would be much more in keeping with the corsair theme - Dire Avengers are aspects and as such fight out of craftworlds where their shrines are :scratchhead:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Dire Avenger 5 man unit size and cost better represents the 5 man corsair units. I will not be exiting the Wave Serpents until the end of the game in most cases anyway. HQ and Troop cost have been kept to a min to allow purchase of max tanks and firepower.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The Dire Avenger 5 man unit size and cost better represents the 5 man corsair units. I will not be exiting the Wave Serpents until the end of the game in most cases anyway. HQ and Troop cost have been kept to a min to allow purchase of max tanks and firepower.
So your theme is max tanks and firepower :grin:

Carry on :)

Have you looked at Nightwings or phoenix's from FW?
Both are damn good on the firepower front and I believe are also in the corsair list in mymeara.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think flyers belong in what is a large skirmish game. I also want to be able to start with all my points on the board. My understanding of the Eldar is they are few and the one thing they can't afford to lose are troops, they can't afford Pyric Victories or battles of attrition. I am only risking 33 Eldar even if I lose it all. My inspiration came from the new codex p.22 "The Perfect War" where a force of Grav Tanks wiped out an Orc force without loss to itself.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Things that will give this list a hard time av 13 necrons with flyers, mass flyer with the stormlord for night fight and mass landraider basically high av stuff.
If you are playing fluffy not competitively as you claim why not mix up the weapon load outs.
Or play the corsair list from the eldar imperial armour.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The list is only 1500 pts the Fire Prism can fire str. 9 ap. 1 lance. These are my heavy hitters the Hornets and Serpents are for the flyers.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
So 2 shots bs 4 is your entire anti av 14.
What about super heavy vehicles or knight army's.
Your list is a typical min max list ,but if you face min max high armour value lists you won't do to well imo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also have 16 strength 8 shots from the Hornets who are both long range and maneuverable, they are able to shoot after turbo boosting. So the only targets I will need to worry about are 14 armor all around Land Raiders and Monoliths and neither are that common in my area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Changed up list to increase the number of Troops:
HQ
Autarch with catapult
TROOPS
1 Unit of Dire Avengers x 5 in Wave Serpent with TL Scatter & Cannon
3 Units of Guardian Defenders x 10 in Wave Serpent with TL Scatter & Cannon
FAST ATTACK
2 Units of Hornets x 2 with 2 Pulse Lasers
HEAVY SUPPORT
2 Fire Prisms

This increases my model count from 31 to 46 and should up my fire power vs hordes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts