Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always read the Tank Hunter rules as addign a + modifire to verchile damage(like an AP1 weapon) but i keep hearing form 1 place (Beast of War) that they say it ups your strength.

for example. My Prism has a Strength 9, AP2 weapon and as i read it it effectivly makes it AP1 agianst Tanks but accordign to them it makes them Strength10 against tanks.

I was sure on the rules beut they keep saying this with all the Spearhead rules now out. Can i have your opions?

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Tank Hunter adds +1 to the Armour Penetration roll, effectively giving you +1 strength as it were. pg76 of the BRB. It does not add +1 to the damage table.

Aramoro

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Don't need an opinion, the rules say what it does. Main rulebook, page 76.

"They add +1 to their armour penetration rolls whenever they hit a vehicle (both at range and in close combat)."

Armor penetration, not damage. So yeah, it basically boosts the weapon strength by 1.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Tank Hunters are great against Wave Serpents as you can get an effective Strength 9 attack against the front/side armour, but alas no bonus to the damage table.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks for clearing that up. I just must has msitook the 2. Unfortunatly i have had to learn the game by playing and not by rewading due to my Aspergues Syndrom(please don't make me explain what it is for a 50th time) so i often have to ask about small little bits like this and i suppose it makes sence now i know aobut it.
People kept telling me that a Fire Dragon with Tank Huntewr was wasted points and i kept thinking "Why is it wasted points when you get a +2 to damage?" but i can see why now.
Thanks for all your help.

Topic Now Closed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts