Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tank-tank city!

Just for fun and fluff. Also get to knock the dust off of some of my favorite models. Haven't made an Astra list in a while. So here is the Steel Host with some help from the Iron Hand Space Marine's Armoured Task Force.

Steel Host

230 Pask Punisher (HB, HB Sponsons)
185 Executioner (HB, Plasma Sponsons)

70 Hydra

185 Executioner (HB, Plasma Sponsons)
150 Leman Russ (HB)
150 Leman Russ (HB)

Armoured Task Force

65 Techmarine

135 Vindi (SS, SB)
135 Vindi (SS, SB)
115 Pred (Auto, Las Sponson)

100 Thunderfire Cannon
100 Thunderfire Cannon

=1850

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Nice! The armoured fist of the Emperor will smash his foes in your games!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Love tanks. I've been playing Pask a lot recently against fast lists like Eldar, Orks, and its total nemesis: Pod-based Salamander armies.

Units of tanks are tough to keep alive if your enemy gets in close, and don't even get me started on disorderly charges against tanks too close together. I actually ended up in a situation where I had to really chance hitting my own tanks on a bad scatter with my blast templates, which could be just brutal with those Vindicators (it was bad enough with battle cannons). Other times I've literally just not been allowed to shoot because the template can't be placed on the enemy without my own tank being under it (crew stunned can be a bitch, and sometimes a 6" movement to maintain firing ability is...tricky. My advice would be to spread out your forces somewhat at deployment and use terrain to try and deny DS zones/garner cover from DS units.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also love tanks. Huge fan of the razorspam lists and the Gladius from the SM dex tickled that one for me. Now you talking about podding sallies is making me think of free pods.... hmmm.

As you can tell, I'm in mass produce list mode for the upcomming warhammer season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.