Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Thordis
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
figures I would put this here because it is about an army list.
my local GW hosts a tale of X gamers type of event lasting 7 months, currently we are in the 3rd month but I was wondering if you lot had some ideas for the 4th month.

I currently have.
HQ: command squad, 2 sniper rifles, medi pack, and a vox caster, carapace armour.
Troops: veteran squad, 2 plasma guns, 1 flamer, carapace armour.
Elites: Scions squad, +5x scions, hot shot volley gun, plasma gun, plasma pistol.

the 4th month we have to add a fast attack unit per codex rules. we get 250 points + what we saved up from previous months.
I was thinking something along the lines of a bane wolf squadron of 1 to 2, with the chem cannon I can play hell on the Dark angel players bikers and other units that make heavy use of cover and cover saves. on the other hand I can also take an armoured sentinel squadron to take care of any armoured enemies from a distance.

any ideas and advice would be apreciated

·
Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
Oof, being forced into a FOC slot is super restrictive. I'd say a Vendetta is your best bet here; Fast Attack is where most all Flyers are found, and you can bet your bottom dollar someone will pack a Stormtalon or Dakkajet. Against such targets, you'll really struggle with the current list, so I'd bring a Vendetta which should dominate the skies as well as give you more anti-tank power.

·
Thordis
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oof, being forced into a FOC slot is super restrictive.
naw not realy, it makes a sort of sense. especialy since more then half the participants are beginners and this is a great way to ease them into the game without them having to shell out for full armies in a short period of time.
I'd say a Vendetta is your best bet here; Fast Attack is where most all Flyers are found, and you can bet your bottom dollar someone will pack a Stormtalon or Dakkajet. Against such targets, you'll really struggle with the current list, so I'd bring a Vendetta which should dominate the skies as well as give you more anti-tank power.
VERY tempting, sadly a vendetta is the one thing I have no funds for :(. I am not overly worried about this tho. the local players are not super competitive and in the past 20 battles I have played I encountered a total of 2 flyers, they are not very popular here :p

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
you could maximise with squadrons. a hellhound trio is quite affordable and utterly devastating to limited lists. fast and anti infantry mix well toghter.

·
Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
you could maximise with squadrons. a hellhound trio is quite affordable and utterly devastating to limited lists. fast and anti infantry mix well toghter.
A Hellhound's not a bad idea, in truth - I'd be tempted to build it as a Devil Dog since you have no anti-tank at the moment, but a regular Hellhound will do reasonably well in a Bike-heavy meta (it's won't ignore armour, but it will ignore Black Knights' rerollable 3+ Jink and auto-hits wounding on 3s is always a nice thing to have). If you can't afford a Vendetta I'm guessing you'll only get the one Hellhound, but that gives you a bunch of points for next month to play with when you really need it (375pts, you say? Leman Russ Squadron here you come!).

·
Thordis
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
A Hellhound's not a bad idea, in truth - I'd be tempted to build it as a Devil Dog since you have no anti-tank at the moment, but a regular Hellhound will do reasonably well in a Bike-heavy meta (it's won't ignore armour, but it will ignore Black Knights' rerollable 3+ Jink and auto-hits wounding on 3s is always a nice thing to have). If you can't afford a Vendetta I'm guessing you'll only get the one Hellhound, but that gives you a bunch of points for next month to play with when you really need it (375pts, you say? Leman Russ Squadron here you come!).
I actualy already have one devil dog, I got for xmass, so I could just be able to afford a second one in time for the fast attack slot, could even give both of them hullmounted Multi-Melta's.
after the fast attack we have a free choice slot wich is going to be used for a Leman Russ I have sitting around. or with some financial luck a squadron of two as well. with the previous slots I already saved enough points to be able to afford at least a second Russ :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.