Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Thordis
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
figures I would put this here because it is about an army list.
my local GW hosts a tale of X gamers type of event lasting 7 months, currently we are in the 3rd month but I was wondering if you lot had some ideas for the 4th month.

I currently have.
HQ: command squad, 2 sniper rifles, medi pack, and a vox caster, carapace armour.
Troops: veteran squad, 2 plasma guns, 1 flamer, carapace armour.
Elites: Scions squad, +5x scions, hot shot volley gun, plasma gun, plasma pistol.

the 4th month we have to add a fast attack unit per codex rules. we get 250 points + what we saved up from previous months.
I was thinking something along the lines of a bane wolf squadron of 1 to 2, with the chem cannon I can play hell on the Dark angel players bikers and other units that make heavy use of cover and cover saves. on the other hand I can also take an armoured sentinel squadron to take care of any armoured enemies from a distance.

any ideas and advice would be apreciated

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Oof, being forced into a FOC slot is super restrictive. I'd say a Vendetta is your best bet here; Fast Attack is where most all Flyers are found, and you can bet your bottom dollar someone will pack a Stormtalon or Dakkajet. Against such targets, you'll really struggle with the current list, so I'd bring a Vendetta which should dominate the skies as well as give you more anti-tank power.

·
Thordis
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oof, being forced into a FOC slot is super restrictive.
naw not realy, it makes a sort of sense. especialy since more then half the participants are beginners and this is a great way to ease them into the game without them having to shell out for full armies in a short period of time.
I'd say a Vendetta is your best bet here; Fast Attack is where most all Flyers are found, and you can bet your bottom dollar someone will pack a Stormtalon or Dakkajet. Against such targets, you'll really struggle with the current list, so I'd bring a Vendetta which should dominate the skies as well as give you more anti-tank power.
VERY tempting, sadly a vendetta is the one thing I have no funds for :(. I am not overly worried about this tho. the local players are not super competitive and in the past 20 battles I have played I encountered a total of 2 flyers, they are not very popular here :p

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Certainly sounds like an interesting idea, not particularly for me i have to many orks in need of paint, no new armies are needed from me. But certainly will continue working on the orks over this year, many more of the boys, wagons and looted wagons.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
you could maximise with squadrons. a hellhound trio is quite affordable and utterly devastating to limited lists. fast and anti infantry mix well toghter.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
you could maximise with squadrons. a hellhound trio is quite affordable and utterly devastating to limited lists. fast and anti infantry mix well toghter.
A Hellhound's not a bad idea, in truth - I'd be tempted to build it as a Devil Dog since you have no anti-tank at the moment, but a regular Hellhound will do reasonably well in a Bike-heavy meta (it's won't ignore armour, but it will ignore Black Knights' rerollable 3+ Jink and auto-hits wounding on 3s is always a nice thing to have). If you can't afford a Vendetta I'm guessing you'll only get the one Hellhound, but that gives you a bunch of points for next month to play with when you really need it (375pts, you say? Leman Russ Squadron here you come!).

·
Thordis
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
A Hellhound's not a bad idea, in truth - I'd be tempted to build it as a Devil Dog since you have no anti-tank at the moment, but a regular Hellhound will do reasonably well in a Bike-heavy meta (it's won't ignore armour, but it will ignore Black Knights' rerollable 3+ Jink and auto-hits wounding on 3s is always a nice thing to have). If you can't afford a Vendetta I'm guessing you'll only get the one Hellhound, but that gives you a bunch of points for next month to play with when you really need it (375pts, you say? Leman Russ Squadron here you come!).
I actualy already have one devil dog, I got for xmass, so I could just be able to afford a second one in time for the fast attack slot, could even give both of them hullmounted Multi-Melta's.
after the fast attack we have a free choice slot wich is going to be used for a Leman Russ I have sitting around. or with some financial luck a squadron of two as well. with the previous slots I already saved enough points to be able to afford at least a second Russ :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts