Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

301 - 320 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Sounds good, going on how many have posted, deadline will be extended by 1 more week to give me time to shout at yours and nols fellow players to post.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Update will be up tomorrow guys.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
The update is up, next deadline will be the 23rd of November.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
Deadline extended by a week as everyone apart from Deus still need to post.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Character #10(?) Kesh Yael Trevas, Veteran

Hi all, I would like to join in if this is okay:

In RP's, I try to fit in with a group as much as I can and help people tell their stories. But I'm new to Night Lords, though, so please let me know if you want me to add more detail/explanation, or to change things, or to take things out completely. All help/advice/criticism is really welcome (and most probably needed, too).
++++++

Name: Kesh Yael Trevas

Homeworld: Nostramo

Physical Appearance:
Although shorter than most, Kesh has a very heavy build; even amongst his brothers, he is noted for stamina and endurance. His hair, face and body are kept meticulously hair-free, taking time to shave his skin (where missions permit) as he sees contact with people outside of the Legion as possibly polluting his pure essence gene-gifted by the Primarch.

Unlike other of the Legion, he only carries one tattoo, a realistic full head rendering of his human skull beneath (his natural skin colour makes up the ‘bone’ element and the rest of his head is shaded and/or coloured black to look as skeletal as possible).

Outside of his armour, both of his arms are very obviously bionic. However, they have a more ‘industrial’ appearance (rather than trying to be lifelike or cutting-edge quality/style) with exposed cabling and muscle fibres intertwined through harder black steel plates/hinges/etc.

If possible[?] he appears to be left-handed.

Armour Appearance:
His full suit of Mark 3 armour appears “battered around the edges”, but is kept in good condition. This used to belong to his first Sergeant, Yael Grask.
His armour is mainly basic midnight blue, but his elbow pads and knee pads are bone coloured and are intricately inlaid with gold kill-markings with either of two symbols: the Legion’s number for every fortress he has helped to fell, or with a lightning bolt for each heavy tank eliminated.
He wears 2 nameplates (“Kesh” and “Yael“) on his right shoulder pad. Over his groin and upper thigh armour, he wears a tasset belt which initially appears to be chainmail, but it is made up of the finger-bones of defeated enemy vehicle/tank crews.

Personality:
When amongst the Legion, he has a ready smile and is enthusiastic during training and pre-battle, often carrying this through to combat situations, using it to taunt enemies. There’s nothing wrong with his memory, but saying things aloud also helps him to remember the battles more clearly, helping him learn and making him a more efficient killer for next time.
He knows that others might look to him for inspiration, but he’s not cut out to be a direct leader and is happy with this role in life.
Not to the extent of being intrusive or knowing ‘inner secrets, but he is watchful and tries to support his brothers by knowing as much about the Legion’s structures and personnel as he can (including names/icons of people serving in other Companies).

Kesh might have a bit of ‘hero-worship’ towards Yael as he dedicates his successes not only to himself and his wargear, but to Yael’s memory. He doesn’t mind the comparison, as Yael (to him) was a good example to follow.

Marine Class: Veteran

Background:
Born into a life of privileged luxury, Kesh was surrounded by high-living and all of the debauchery that only the wealthiest families could afford.
Although he initially revelled in it, as his childish consciousness grew he realised that it was wrong and he saw that the endless parties were merely a front for fear which began to permeate their mansions due to the increasing paranoia and violence outside.

Soon, instead of being a victim of crime, he indulged in it. His upbringing had already taught him to casually discard people like rubbish and he had no problem with taking part in drive-by shootings from his limousine or abandoning bodyguards in ‘the wrong part of town’ just to see what would happen.
Contempt towards his family grew as he watched them cower still further behind gates and walls until one night rampage came to their doors. He gave the intruders access to the family armouries and took part in the ransacking of his own home. His increasing violence even startled most of the attackers around him.
This brought him to the attention of the Legion and he proved himself during training, demonstrating higher endurance than his peers.
This trait has continued through the period of implanting: where possible, he asked for lower dosages of anaesthetics to be used than normal (as though trying to purge the excesses of his family through the medium of pain?).
His unusual levels of endurance have continued into life as a full Marine, too.

During an accident in space, Kesh’s first Sergeant (Yael Grashk) was sucked out into space and died before he could be recovered. Kesh lost both of his arms when they were cut off by a closing airlock whilst he was trying to pull Yael back into the ship.
During recovery, Kesh requested that the rudimentary-looking arms of the servitor who had caused the accident be grafted on as replacements for his own lost limbs. They are a reminder for him to always be vigilant; about what can happen if you let your guard down for even a moment.

His main young adulthood experiences have taught him that the weak flee for the relative safety of vehicles and behind fortifications when fear takes them. So he has taken on the role of destroying these refuges, making it easier for his battle-brothers to get to the soft flesh inside. As such, he favours a chainfist + boarding shield in melee, with a plasma gun at range. (The Boarding Shield is edged with blades and the teeth of his enemies).

He was promoted to the unit due to unswerving loyalty and also his marksmanship skills, taking out several fleeing HQ aircraft. He also threw himself in front of a Rhino, putting it out of action before it could crush another command squad.

Equipment = frag + krak grenades, 2 bionic arms

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Still waiting on 3 of you to post, so deadline is next weekend. Sunday 14.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Alright guys whats going on? Im still waiting on Santaire, Romero and Mr Tyberus to post, any idea's when you will be posting?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
it lives as long as 4 of you post. 3 of you have so far.

·
Registered
105 Posts
"The sword of Troy. As long as it's in the hands of a Trojan, our people have a future."

Don't know where that came from. 1st claw is left with a rather odd assortment right now between an apothecary, an Iron Warrior, a dying Destroyer marine, and your bread and butter assault marine.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
The update is now up, sorry for the delay you all know what christmas is like and by the dark gods has it been a busy one for me!

Deadline will be Sunday the 11th.

·
Registered
369 Posts
no problem - thanks for making this story for us

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oooooh hoo hoo hooooooo updates!

After reading the Serhiy section all I can think of is

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #318
Any idea when your posts will be up guys?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just posted it now, was out of it for a week or so due to studying, but back now.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sincerely sorry Revan life decided to go all Loki on me. Had two cars breakdown, a failed hard drive, and a failed battery component within my motherboard all within the past week and a half. I'm about 85% functional now and will have a post available today.

301 - 320 of 372 Posts