Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

The title is exactly what this article is about.
I've been playing Chaos Space Marines since 5th Edition, and Tyranids during a little of 6th. Now I'm getting kind of bored of both armies and would like to start another.

I'm thinking of taking up The Grey Knights, What should I be expecting by taking them?
What should I be prepared for or what should I keep in mind before selecting them?

Those are the only questions I have which is the basic, what am I expecting and what I should keep in mind. Which is what everyone should ask themselves before getting into a new army.

I know for sure that there's a low model count and you'd pretty much will be buying a Dread Knight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've heard them being recommended to beginners because they are relatively easy to use. Also, expect them to be pretty good at keeping daemons from scoring those much needed hits. That's pretty much what I know. :/

·
Registered
87 Posts
Easy to use? hmmmm. I would think this would be one of the harder SM armies to play with.
- Smallest squads to be formed because of the heavy points
- Psychic power heavy
- Not much for long range weaponary

But I am a new GK player so I maye completely wrong lol

I am still getting my army built.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Very low model count, fragile for the points, melee-focussed, extra-generalist Terminator army who can't kill tanks. Deep strike a tonne of cheap Terminators and powerful Monstrous Creatures in on turn 1; if the enemy can't deal with that, you win, and if they can, you die hard. Everything in the list has a 2+ save and 5+ invuln, so less cover required than a lot of armies, but they're basically unusable on their own as a book due to their massive shortcomings in board control and anti-tank.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Grey Knights

Hmmm, Grey knights are heaps of fun to play with. Have a look around and see what everyone else is playing in your local meta. If its all power gaming, Grey knights will have a hard time. If not you will have some loses and some victories.

For power gaming meta you need to use allies. Ones that compensate for Grey Knights short comings. For example imperial guard, lots of long range fire power and lots of bodies. Or sometimes different combinations with different SM chapters.

Grey Knights on their own have pretty much a 24inc shooting range. Its all about turn 1 assault now and trying to get into close combat with squishy units. Grey Knights have I believe the cheapest Terminators, so you can get more. Take these over Strike squads any day of the week if competitive is your name. Stay away from paladins 55 points for 2 wounds sucks. Lots of strength 8 ap2 will make you cry that you spent that many points on the model/s

Anyways just some suggestions for you to consider!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts